Chapter 3

Don't really have anything to say except; vote, comment, fan! :D 

ENJOY!! :D

CHAPTER 3

It’s been four days since I’ve been out of the hospital and I’ve talked to Cameron every day. I’m finally going to hang out with him today. He’s picking me up in ten minutes to go see my therapist, Linda Spice, and then we’re going to his house. Dr. Spice is letting Cameron come in the room with us which is great. I don’t see the point of going since I feel fine but Cameron will there with me so I guess it won’t be too bad.

Cameron knocked on the door right on time.

“Hey Bridge. How are you?” Cameron greeted me.

“Hi Cam. I’m fine, you?” I hugged him.

“I’m good. Are you ready to go?”

“Yeah, let me just get my purse.”

Cameron drove us to Linda’s office and like a gentleman he opened me door for me.

“Are you ready?” Cameron asked me.

“Yeah.”

“I’ll be right there with you. Everything will be fine.”

“Thanks for coming with me Cam.”

“It’s my pleasure Bridge.”

***

The appointment lasted about an hour. It consisted mostly of Dr. Spice asking questions and me answering them. She concluded that I was completely fine. I don’t have to go back but she said to give her a call anytime I felt weird.

Now I’m sitting on a couch in Cameron’s room while he’s picking a movie for us to watch.

“What type of movie do you want to see?” he asked.

  “I was thinking chick-flick.” I teased.

“Really?”

“Yes.” I tried to keep a straight face.

“Well, that’s too bad. I don’t own chick-flicks. Let’s watch a horror movie.” he smirked.

“Uh, okay. But I’ve got to warn you, I scream a whole lot when I’m scared.” I informed him.

“I’ll protect you.” Cameron assured me.

Half an hour into the movie, I was terrified. I was hiding behind a pillow, curled up in a ball and praying to live through the night.

“Bridge, come here.” Cameron said from the other side of the couch.

I did as I was told and Cameron put his arm around me. I hid my face in his chest and put my arms around him. I felt so safe in his arms. I wanted to stay there forever, but I had to remind myself that we were just friends. We will never be anything more because all guys turn into jerks.

“The movie’s over Bridget.” Cameron informed me.

I sat back up. “Oh my god!”

“What’s wrong Bridge? Are you okay?”

“I’m fine. I just thought of something.” I assured him.

“What’s on your mind?”

“Don’t laugh.”

“I promise.”

“I was just thinking that in the movie, the girl came back from her friend’s house and then the monster killed her in her sleep. I’m going to die in my sleep tonight.” I explained.

“You can stay here if you want. Nobody will kill you here.” Cameron offered.

“You don’t mind?”

“Of course not.”

“Shouldn’t you ask your parents?” I asked.

“They aren’t here and even if they were, I promise they are okay with it. What about yours?”

“They’re gone on a trip for the whole summer.”

“Okay then, it’s settled. You’re sleeping here.”

Cameron went to his dresser to get an old t-shirt and sweats. He showed me to the bathroom where I changed. When I went back to Cameron’s room, he was only in his boxers, giving me a perfect view of his abs. How can someone this attractive be my friend? Cameron caught me staring at his torso.

“You like what you see?” he smirked.

“What?” I looked away from his perfect body.

“You were staring at my amazing body.” he stated.

 “No! You’re full of yourself Cameron Lockheart.” I denied.

“You know you were looking and you liked it.”

I ignored that comment and hid under the covers of his bed.

“That’s my bed! You get the guest room.” Cameron whined.

“Well, I’m already here. You can go in the other room.”

“I’m sleeping here so you can either leave or sleep with me here.”

“I’m not moving.”

With that, Cameron got in bed beside me and put his arm around me. I placed my head against his chest and fell asleep listening to his heartbeat.