“I can stop if it bothers you.” I started.

“No, no.” she interrupted. “I like the way my name sounds but no one really uses it. They all just call me ‘Ana’.”

“Beautiful name for a beautiful girl.” I blurted out. So much for trying not to act like a dork.

Anastasia surprised me once again by letting out a little laugh. “You’re quite the charmer, Ethan.” She said.

Me? A charmer? That’s new.

The waitress came back with our order and I noticed that Anastasia had gotten a strawberry milkshake. I watched her take a sip of it through the plastic straw. Time slowed down as I watched her tongue lick her bottom lip.

I bit my own lip to keep myself from getting a taste of those lips. It would only make sense if she smelled like strawberries that she would taste like it, too. How I craved for a taste…

“Ethan?” my gaze shot up from her lips to her eyes. She looked like she was waiting for an answer to a question that I didn’t hear.

“I’m sorry. W-what was that?” there I go with the stuttering again. I was nervous around Anastasia but at the same time, I felt comfortable as if we’ve known each other forever.

She chuckled and pointed over to Sandy’s retreating form. “She keeps checking you out.” Anastasia said.

My eyes left her to look at Sandy. She was walking away from our table but as soon as my eyes landed on her, Sandy looked over her shoulder, caught my eyes, and winked.

“She just winked at you.” Anastasia laughed.

“She did? I thought it was just dusty and something got in her eye.” Why would she be winking at me? No girls have given me the time of day since… well; ever.

Anastasia stopped laughing when she saw my serious face. “You’re not kidding?” I shook my head back and forth. “So, you have no idea about your effect on women?”

My effect on what? “What are you talking about?” I asked her.

She rolled her eyes and I found the gesture a tad bit cute. Hell, everything she did was cute. Even when she just blinked it was cute.

“You woo them.”

“I ‘woo’ them? What is ‘woo’?”

“You get them hot and bothered.”

Whoa. I get the ladies ‘hot and bothered’? Wait until Spencer hears about this!

“Are you one of those girls?” I asked hopefully. Maybe then, I can finally know if she is interested in me in any way.

Before she could answer, a loud commotion interrupted from the front doors of Orbit. We both looked up to see Anastasia’s group of friends enter the place. I groaned when I spotted Danny and Jessica.

They haven’t seen us yet but we watched as they stumbled across the dance floor. Who gets drunk on a school night? Anyways, the six of them were all acting like drunken idiots.

“Maybe we should leave.” I suggested when Anastasia got quite.

She was watching them with a blank expression but when I talked, she snapped out of whatever day dream she was on and smiled up at me.

“Have you ever tried dipping your fries into your milkshake?” she asked. I studied her smile… it didn’t look fake or forced. I smiled at that fact.

“That sounds weird.” I said.

“Don’t knock it till you try it.” She grabbed a fry from our plate, dipped it into my vanilla milkshake and held it up next to my mouth.