Ricks Plan Worked

This is my first Carl story i have written so I hope i do him justice. Also my first time writing in Third Person! Please Comment and Request!!!(: I'm putting this right before Negan in the series.

Y/N walks up to the Grimes home in Alexandra. She and her best friend Carl Grimes are going to be watching his little sister Judith while Rick deals with the new supplies they have gotten.

Rick and company found her a few weeks into the apocalypse. They've been through hell together. The CDC, losing Sophia, the Farm, the prison , Terminus. Y/N doesn't have a family anymore so having Carl and the Grimes by her side was amazing!

She knocks on the door.

"Come in!" She hears Carl yell.

Y/N steps inside and sees Carl sitting on the ground with Judy.

"Hey Carl," She says sitting next to him.

"Hey Y/N" he smiles "i was just about to get up and feed her, wanna help?"

"Of course but did you have to wait till i was already sitting down?" she jokes and stands back up.

She picks up Judy and walks into the kitchen, while Carl stands and just watches her. Rick walks down quietly and sees Carl staring at her.

"Hey Y/N, Carl, you two will be okay? I'm leaving now" he says.

Carl looks away from Y/N and Judy and looks at his dad.

"Yeah dad. We'll be fine"

Carl walks into the kitchen and helps feed Judy. Rick starts to notice how Carl keeps bumping into Y/N and how he'll blush when they accidentally bump hands. Rick wonders why he never realized it before! Carl likes Y/N. His sons at that age where he will have crushes. Rick decides he's going to help him. Y/N is a nice girl. She's been there through everything. She understands this world.

Rick leaves and Carl looks at Y/N as she feeds Judy the last spoonful of lunch. Carl's always had a crush on her. Ever since they found her on the side of the road. He wanted to ask her out but it's not like they can go on a normal date in this world. He's also scared too since his face is scarred and he's missing an eye.

The next day Rick walks down the stairs and sees Carl with Judy.

"Hey Carl, I want you and Y/N on watch today. I wanna spend time with Judith"

"Are you sure dad?" Carl asks knowing his dad had work to do today.

"Yeah. You guys have the next shift, which is in 5 minutes." Rick smiles.

"Alright. I'll go get Y/N" Carl says handing Judy over to his dad and grabs his gun.

He walks over to Tara's house where Y/N was living. He knocks on the door and Y/N answers.

"Hey! What's up?" Y/N smiles brightly.

Carl blushes and says "my dad wants us on the next watch. It starts soon."

"Let me go grab my stuff and we'll go" she walks away from the door and grabs her gun she keeps in a side table drawer. She puts on her shoes and walks back to the door. "I'm ready!"

She closes the door and they start walking to the gates. Y/N innocently bumps into Carl and he laughs and bumps her back. They laugh and walk to Tara's stand which also had a Alexandraian named Michael.

"Hey, we're taking over for the next shift" Carl says.

"Okay, we haven't seen anything but be careful. We need to replace some boards up here" Tara says climbing down. She hugs Y/N and leaves. Carl and Y/N climb up and start looking around.

"Hey Carl?" she asks.

"Yeah?" he looks over at her.

"Remember when we were at the farm and we saw that bunny?" she asks.

How could Carl forget? That was the day Carl realized how beautiful Y/N actually was.

"Yeah, why?" he asks.

"That bunny in the road looks just like it."

Y/N shifts to show Carl and the board below her snaps. Y/N screams as half her leg goes through. Carl grabs her arms to make sure she doesn't fall all the way.

"Are you okay?" he asks.

"Yeah. That just scared me" she giggles a bit and Carl helps her up.

"I was scared I almost lose you" Carl says without thinking.

"What do you mean?" Y/N asks.

Carl freezes realizing what he said.

"Umm, nothing"

"Carl. Tell me!" she smiles. He turns away.

After a moment he sighs, "I've always had a crush on you Y/N"

"Why didn't you tell me before?" she asks.

"it's not like we could go on a date. There's walkers around and i didn't know if you liked me back and-" Carl pauses.

"And what, Carl?" she asks.

"I don't have an eye, Y/N. I'm hideous!" Carl finishes. "Why be with me when there's other guys with 2 eyes."

"Because i don't like them. i like you!" she admits.

"And I don't want- wait really?" He turns to her.

"Yeah, ever since you gave me that bracelet you found in a car on the highway," she smiling holding up her wrist to show she's still wearing it, "I don't care if you just have one eye. You're still the handsome Carl Grimes I've liked for awhile."

Carl blushes again.

"Well, then Y/N, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Of course i will Carl," she smiles.

Carl smiles and leans down and captures her lips in their first ever kiss. Rick watches from afar with Judy on his hip smiling. His plan worked! Carl finally got the girl!!

 His plan worked! Carl finally got the girl!!