Snape jumped in surprise and glared at Harri. It wasn’t often anyone caught him by surprise. “If you tell anyone about this, Potter, you won’t be coming back to Hogwarts next year,” he threatened with a sneer.

Harri rolled her eyes, “You do realize that one of your own snakes put Draco in this situation. He’ll never see out of his left eye the same again because of her,” Harri said leaving a notebook full of class notes next to Draco’s bed.

“Rest assure, she is being punished harshly,” Snape told her, completely unamused. She could see the anger behind his eyes and she smiled.

“That’s good. At least she getting punished somewhat, she should have been expelled,” Harri muttered darkly.

“That may be so, but I have a feeling that Draco’s father wouldn’t have allowed that. He probably would have been happy that his son was dead, that way he can legally make Alya the heir to the Malfoy fortune,” he replied with a deep-set frown.

It took a few weeks before Draco woke up and it took nearly another week for him to get used to the fact he’d be nearly blind in his left eye for the rest of his life.

“When I get my hands on Alya, I’ll wring her neck,” Draco hissed as he sat on the hospital bed he had been confined to for the past few weeks. He hadn’t been allowed to leave yet. Madam Pomfrey kept running different kinds of tests on his left eye to make sure that he wouldn’t lose his sight in it completely.

“Draco, how are you feeling?” Cho asked from her cot on the floor. She had really started to change over the past few weeks. She had more human features than she had in months, though she had been really kind to anyone that came near her. It seemed that she would turn back to normal.

“I’m doing better. I’ll never see correctly out of my eye again, but I’ll make the most of it,” he replied with a shrug.

“I’m glad that you are looking on the bright side of things,” Cho told him quietly.

It took a few days, but Draco was able to get back into the swing of classes. It wasn’t till the end of the week, during Ancient Runes, that something happened. 

Harri had one of the worst headaches she had ever experienced in her entire life. She felt like someone was trying to dig through her mind, but she couldn’t figure out who. So, she quietly excused herself from class and ran to the bathroom to vomit. The only time she had felt like this was over the summer when Voldemort had invaded her mind.

“He must be having a ball,” she muttered to herself as she rinsed her mouth. She decided to practice her Occlumency three times as hard before and after her spell practices with Fleur.

The third task approached faster than Harri had expected. On a breezy Monday morning, hours before the third task, she was called out of class by McGonagall. “Potter, there are a few people here to see you. They’ll be waiting in Dumbledore’s office,” her professor told her with a tense smile.

All her professors were worried about her. Out of all the competitors, Harri was the most likely to die.

“Alright, thank you, Professor,” Harri replied and jogged over to Dumbledore’ office. She gave the password and walked up the spiral staircase to his extravagant office. When she reached the top she saw Sirius and Remus standing there with open arms. She ran over to them and gave them bone crushing hugs.

Harri glanced around and saw the families of all the other champions there as well. There were also a lone red head standing the corner of the room.

“Hey, Bambi, we came to wish you good luck and George was brought here as well...” Sirius told her, getting quiet at the end. George hesitantly walked over to her and wrapped an arm around her shoulder, watching Sirius’ glare intensify with every movement he made.