.:Chapter Seven:.

'You made me a believer'

Ducking around a corner, Cercius yelped in shock when he came face to chest with Severus. Backing up a step he looked up at the Slytherin, "Sorry I didn't check in with you yesterday, Mate, I got in a fight with that long haired twat and got detention".

"It's fine," Severus said calmly as he began to walk beside the slightly shorter teen, "How's it working for you".

"It's great!" The messier haired boy exclaimed, "Really, a full nights sleep without even a sliver of a dream or a nightmare, you're a genius, Sev!"

"Sev?" The ravenet quirked a brow glancing sideways at the other male who flushed and scratched the back of his head.

"I guess you aren't a nickname type of guy?" They began to climb the stairs to Astronomy Tower meaning that Cercius ended up walking in front of his Slytherin counterpart.

"It's alright, don't expect me to come up with one for you though," Severus grumbled as he pulled himself into the tower after the brunet.

"Wouldn't dream of it," The Hufflepuff comments leaning against the railing overlooking the back field of the school. He pulls the slightly crumpled pack of cigarettes from his pocket and tilts his head to slide one between his lips. With a flick of his wand the death stick is lit and the glorified chestnut twig is back sticking out of his satchel, "How did you and Red's Essays pan out?"

Retrieving the pieces parchment from his bag, Severus strides over and hands the darker skinned man his notes, "better with your notes as help".

Sliding the cigarette to the corner of his mouth, Cercius takes the papers and leans over slightly to slip them into the grey bag that was hanging from his own shoulder, "Glad I could help, you guys just find me if you ever need any notes, it's one of the few things I'm good for".

"I'm sure Lily will be thankful," the onyx orbed boy murmurs leaning himself against the rail to watch the Thestrals grazing below.

"Not you?" He breathes out a swath of white smoky wisps into the air and looks over at the taller teen with those sparkling green-blue irises. The two of them are silent for a minute before Severus tilts his head to look back at the male beside him.

"I might be a bit thankful," he doesn't meet the almond haired boy's eyes. Cercius smirks around the thin cylinder of tobacco between his plush lips and they go back to watching the Thestrals graze in a comfortable, companionable silence.