Marcus growled a warning, before turning around and facing his brother. It was like looking into a mirror, but with subtle differences. Yes they were twins, identical in fact, but as the years rolled by characteristics of each twin changed. Magnus was easy going, a lady’s man, strong and lean, the most social one of the pair. Marcus, on the other hand, was strict, restless, antisocial, stronger of the two, and picky as hell when it came down to a good one night stand.

    Physically, they both had wavy, brown hair. Similar brown eyes, only Marcus had golden flecks around his pupils. Both were tall, ranging around 6’2’’, both were extremely muscular, which left them desirable for the ladies.

    “Why are you in such a bad mood dude?”

    “No reason.”

    “Oh come on. I’m your brother, you can tell me. Is it that you don’t want to tell the blind chick? Or what? I mean I can do it for you.” Magnus offered.

    “No, I’ll do it.”

    But he really didn’t want to do it. His wolf was angry, he could feel him trying to come out. After the whole meeting, he was edgy and in need of a good workout. His father placed the task of telling the girl about her fate, simply because it was his duty as Vilston’s successor.

    “Dude, you don’t look like you’re alright.”

    “I’m fine Magnus, now let me finish this order.” Marcus bit out.

    “Whatever dude, I’m going to go find Jack. Wait here, we’ll go with you.” With that Magnus left, leaving Marcus to his thoughts.

    Ignoring his brother’s request, Marcus continued walking towards the burned down cottage, knowing that she would be there.

    He didn’t know what to do, he had a duty to the pack and to his father. But she was his mate, his soul mate. Could he live without her? Could he live knowing that he left his mate to die?

    He turned when he caught the scent of 2 males and 3 females.

    “Hey look what I found!” Magnus grinned, with his arm around Vanessa Vilston’s shoulders.

    Marcus only nodded his greeting. Jack, like his brother, had his arm around Natalie Winters. While Stephanie Grange stared seductively at him with her hazel eyes.

    All three girls were extremely attractive. Natalie with her long brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. Stephanie with her alluring hazel eyes and black hair that flowed around her like a dark halo. Last, Vanessa with her chestnut locks that framed her face and gorgeous blue eyes.

    “What are they doing here?” Marcus bit out.

    “Oh lighten up bro, they said they were bored and wanted to come.”

    “This is not a show Magnus.”

    “So? With that freak, it doesn’t matter. Besides nothing will happen, we’re only going there to tell her. Father and the councilmen will do the rest.” Magnus reasoned, Vanessa giggling by his side.

    Marcus glared at his brother, “Fine. Let’s go.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    It had been a whole week since the cottage burned down. It had been a whole week since she had a good night sleep or a good hot meal. No one would take her in, so she had to live out in the woods. Sleeping on the cold ground at night, eating whatever berries or edible plants she could find.