"I'm Applejack." Applejack said.

"I'm Rainbow Dash." Rainbow Dash said.

"I'm Rarity." Rarity said.

"I'm Pinkie Pie!" Pinkie Pie said.

"I'm Fluttershy." Fluttershy said.

"It's very nice to meet you too." Swirl said with a smile.

"Well, if there's anything you need, just let me know." Twilight said.

"Do you mind if I read?" Swirl asked.

Twilight smiled and gave her a book, she began reading. Later that night, everypony was still at Twilight's castle as Swirl was still reading, Applejack was watching her to see if she was getting ready to change, but she didn't.

"I was expecting her to change once the sun went down, but she hasn't." Applejack said as she closed the door where Swirl was.

"I don't understand either." Rarity said.

"She's not cursed like the others." Spike said.

"What do you mean?" Twilight asked.

"She never talked about it with me, so I don't really know." Spike replied. "All I know is that she doesn't change."

Twilight walked over to a window and looked out to see a couple of ponies walking by outside, then she saw a dead pony peek out of a bush nearby, it looked around and began sneaking around.

"Uh oh." Twilight said.

"What?" Rarity asked, she looked out the window just in time to see the dead pony turn a corner. "Oh."

"Do you think they're looking for Swirl?" Twilight asked.

"Was it a blank flank?" Spike asked.

"Uh, it was dead." Twilight replied.

"That's the curse of the blank flanks, it happens to all of them at night." Spike replied. "Did it look like it was looking for something?"

"Yes, and it was being very careful not to be seen." Twilight replied.

"It must have been a good blank, there are two different kinds of them." Spike started. "The good ones take in ponies that are still being banished and helping them get cutie marks before it's too late, while the bad flanks take in banished ponies and corrupt them, if they get their cutie mark in the meantime, they kill them."

Twilight and the others looked disturbed. "You know this how?" Twilight asked.

"Death told me, he remembers when the curse first happened, and how they became cursed too, but he doesn't like talking about it." Spike replied. "Most of the blank flanks don't like talking about their past much."

Twilight looked back out the window to see the blank flank come back, it looked very confused as it looked around, it sat down and looked lost.

"I'm going to try and listen in." Twilight said.

She used her magic to see if she could pick up if it was saying anything, but all it was doing was whining slightly, another blank flank walked over and looked at the first.

"Dude, are you okay?" The second asked, it was a stallion.

"I'm so lost!" The first whined, it was also a stallion.

"I know you haven't been here in years, but don't give up hope." The second said.

"Everything is so different now, there are more buildings." The first said. "But at least Sweet Apple Acers hasn't moved."