At the front of the tent was a large fire with bones burning. It was cryptic almost but none of the bones were human likely.

"Please enter." Elwin gestured to Cedany. She entered the vass place of thick tan colors walls and pillows under her feet. It was she had entered an office of the President expect there was a makeshift desk instead of a rich mahogany one.

"Cedany." Letholdus entered and sat down on am fluffy pillow near the desk. Elwin sat near the boy and gestured for her to come closer. She realized she had been holding her breathe and let it out.

She sat next to Letholdus, leaning into his open embrace. She felt the heat radiate off him like a fire. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders. She had never felt smaller or safer. Elwin had begun to speak but Cedany heard nothing. Her eyes fluttered and before she knew it, she had fallen asleep like a small child on her friend's shoulder.

She woke up in a smaller tent. The ram skin blanket over her was thin and she soon shivered deeper into the covers. She turned to her side and bumped into something warm. It wrapped itself around Cedany and she tensed up. Letholdus lay asleep next to her. His breathing deep and peaceful. She shook her head, leaned into him, and was comforted by his warmth and a familiar heart flutter began.

"I've missed you." He whispered in her ear and Cedany felt him smile in her hair. He smelled of fire and woods. She nodded in reply but soon got up. He lay on his back and smiled up at her. Cedany could not help but blush as the way his smile resembled Rowan's.

"Hm..." he mumbled crossing his arms over his head. "I don't want to get up. Come lie back down with me..." He trailed off and Cedany remained standing.

Letholdus wait for her to come back but only heard the flap of the tent open and close. He sighed but got up and dressed. Voices outside were loud and the world of the underground was bustling.

Finn was walking next to Cedany, he was being pleasant.

"Miss Strongstone," Finn walked up to her, "I am Finn Tackton, and it is a pleasure to meet you. I am head of the supplement here. If you need anything I am here."

Cedany looked at him with stony green eyes. "Thank you, but there is no need. I shalln't stay here too long. I have to be in Veridia by tomorrow." She slowly walked away from Finn who was left gaping at the sidewalk. She slowly wandered towards the village market and saw the sights of Morlodeum.

From everywhere people came and with them, they brought their own foods and customs. The smells of clove were pungent and garlic was like a perfume. Cedany walked past stalls with blazing stone ovens and towering stands.

The bakers and their wives hustled past holding trays of food. Young children sat in circles peeling various vegetables, each of them speaking quietly to each other. Cedany walked in awe before bumping into a young woman. She dropped the basket of vegetable and they went everywhere. Cedany quickly dropped to her knees and began to pick up the mess.

"I am so sorry!" She said to the girl whom was picking up the other fallen foods.

"Nay, do not be! Tis me fault. I was not looking me way!" She spoke quickly getting up and dusting off her own trousers. "Me name is Bridgette and I is part of thee fud service." She spoke fast and Cedany barely was able to keep up with her.

"I am Cedany Strongstone and I am just visiting an old friend of mine who found me wondering in the woods, on my way to Veridia."

"Aye, good thing he stopped ye. They have been killing innocent women in them streets. Ye would be fine picking for them. Ye got yerself a guardian angel."

Cedany's Voiceजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें