CHAPTER TWO: Question Authority

"One more time." Dean says, asking me to repeat the dream.

"There was a boy, he was about 18-ish. He had white hair and black eyes." I say annoyed. I told my brother this a million times.

"And they weren't demonic? his eyes still had the white. But, you couldn't tell the difference between his pupils and irises?" Dean questions.

"Yes. But there was something demonic about him though. I just can't put my finger on it." I say.

"Well on the bright side we're almost to NEW YORK CITY!"

"I can't believe you."

"Aww c'mon Sammy! We can probably visit Sara!" He says Sara in a sing-song voice.

"Sara and I are not Sara and I. We kissed and I left. End of story."

"Whatever."

#####

"Are you sure this is where the demons are hiding?" I ask Dean. I look at the small where house.

It's old, run down, and boarded up. The parking lot is empty except for the Impala. and the grass surrounding the building is yellow and dry.

"Yes I'm sure. Bill, the guy who was attacked said here." Dean says angry that I'm questioning his authority.

"It could be vampires." I suggest.

"No Sam, the guy said they had black eyes."

"Fine. Do you have the holy water?"

"Yes! Of corse I do! I'm not gonna fight a bunch of demons without holy water! Get your head out of your ass!" He reaches into his pocket to show me the canteen. then he reaches into the other. "I'll go get it." He says quietly.

He walks over to the Impala and opens the trunk. Then he opens the fake bottom to reveal our arsenal.

Dean digs through guns, salt, knives, and fake credit cards and IDs until he finds the canteens full of holy water. He closes and locks the trunk.

Dean runs back over to the door of the run beaten down where house as he stuffs the canteen in his pocket.

"I hate you sometimes." He says plainly.

"I just saved you." I reply.

"Whatever. Lets get this done. I hate the motel we're staying in."

"Fine" I say.

I cock my gun and kick the locked door open.

"Hunters!" A demon hisses. I shoot him. he laughs. "Iron doesn't work on me boys. I thought you knew that."

He runs and tackles me. My gun falls out of my reach.

"SAM!" Dean yells.

The demon starts to choke me.

Before dean can try to save me another demon comes out. "Well I never thought I'd see you two again." She says.

She flicks her wrist and pins Dean up against the wall. He's held a few feet off the ground by an invisible force.

"Do I know you?" Dean asks.

"You don't remember?" she asks. "I'll give you a hint I put your daddy through Hell before he died."

"Meg." Dean growls.

"The one and only." She smiles evilly "Get off him!" She yells at the demon on top of me.

He stops choking me and pins me with demonic power against the wall next to Dean. I take a deep breath.

"That's right Sammy. Enjoy the air while you can." she says.

A new voice suddenly cuts through the air. " You wont hurt him as long as I stand."

We look up to see a teenaged boy with gold hair and a long, sharp knife. He's wearing the same gear as the boy from my dream only his is black.

"Jace Herondale. It's a pleasure to kill you." Meg says slyly.

The other demon charges at the boy. His tawny eyes narrow. I notice that he also has the strange tattoos.

He doesn't hesitate. He gracefully leaps into the air and flips behind the demon. He stabs it in the back and it explodes into dust but it leaves behind plenty of blood.

Meg turns to him. "You've been trained well. but not well enough."

While she's distracted I reach into my coat and pull out the colt. An old revolver that can kill anything paranormal or supernatural.

"Wanna bet." he says swinging his knife.

Meg ducks. "That could've hurt." She says.

"Not as bad as this." I say.

Meg turns around and I shoot her with the colt.

She falls dead and Dean and I are released from the wall.

"How did you do that?" Jace asks.

Dean stands and helps me up.

"Kid. Don't question MY authority." Dean says.