O... M... G...

"That smile didn't fade. 'We were all dark stars, but Luc... he was the darkest. Do you know what I mean?'" Micah, pg. 347.

*** WARNING: This may contain spoilers. Don't say I didn't warn you!***
So when this book was announced I am not going to lie, I thought it was a joke. I thought it was someone who thought it would be funny to put out a random cover with a title and Jennifer L. Armentrout's name on it and say that she was making another spin off to the Lux series. It was a bad joke to me for a while.

But then around September there was more of a riot over it. I was also looking on GoodReads for another one of her books 'cuz I was just in that mood. I found out that she was coming out with the real thing around my birthday in October and I got super excited. Probably more excited than I should of been, but could you blame me?

So naturally, being a HUGE fan of Armentrout's books and needing more Daemon in my life, I preordered it so I can get it and have it in my hands the first chance I got.

I have been working two jobs and have been through a rough semester at high school, so I didn't get through it as fast as I wanted to but I'm kind of glad because then I got to savor it more. It had everything I could ever want. It had romance, sci-fi, action, and more like in the original Lux novels. Honestly, and I bet you can't disagree, it had Luc and, my gawd, glimpses of Daemon. I'm a little sad that Katy wasn't in it except for a reference cuz she is my girl but it was still really good and better than I imagined I would be.

When Luc and Evelyn Dasher met at the beginning, I thought it was the funniest thing ever. And a total Luc move. Sylvia went total military badass mode and all Evie could hold was a candle holder. I loved it.

Heidi and Everly were totally adorable. I imagined Everly to be an edgy and down to earth girl. Knowing he is an Luxen was a total shock, but I could see it coming.

Having glimpses of Daemon and Archer? I don't know how I could of gotten happier but I did. So thank you Jennifer L. Armentrout for the return of such amazing characters and the continuation of such a fantastic series.

I would of never imagined that Evie was not.... Evie. When she got the news that she wasn't her, I felt it. I felt every emotion that Evie was feeling. Every heartache, every boast of joy, every ounce of confusion, and every bit of love she didn't even know she felt. Luc was one of my faves in the original Lux series. I liked to think of him as the dude version of me... but way cooler and actually has a life. So him having a spin off series of his own, hella yeah! Gimme more! I'm so happy to know that he found his Nadia again. She was his "bestest" friend in the world before the invasion. And even though he can't see it, he deserves his Nadia. He has been through so much and had been his whole life. Him having his best friend back is exactly what he deserves, and even more.

Evie/ Nadia is strong and real. She handles the news of her life better than anyone I know would of, hell better than I would of. She is determined and tough. The description Luc gave on her personality is nothing compared to actually reading about it. She has been through cancer, her bio-mother was a drug addict, she had next to no options for a cure, and she still defies everything coming at her. This girl has some steel lady balls.

There were a few parts of the book, however, I did have a heard one comprehending. Feel free to give me feedback at any time on this because I feel I need it.

When Luc explained to Evie/ Nadia that he trusted specific people to watch over the Origin he freed, I was cool with it because I can recall in the series that he took them to somewhere safe. But here is where things get a little tricky for me... he said later that the people he trusted were Daemon, Katy, Archer, and the rest of the crew? I don't remember any of that being mentioned after the invasion anywhere. I remember in the Epilogue of Opposition that Katy wanted to wait years before bringing additions to Daemon and Katy's small family. And to add on her and Daemon were a little freaked out by the Origins to begin with. So knowing that Katy adored the younger Origins didn't really fit well for me. I couldn't see it happening. And I really do wanna know who the Luxen was who the Origins grouped up against and supposedly murdered. Like... for real...

But other than that, I thought the series was a total success and I absolutely can not wait till the next book comes out Oct. 8th 2019. I don't know how long I can actually take! The anticipation eats me alive!

So to sum it up, it was a really good first book to a new series. I loved it and I'm sure so many other Lux fans had swollen hearts getting back into the world of aliens and drama. Well done, Armentrout!

-major_bookaholic