#PlanetOrPlastic

"It's not my plastic straw that's going to destroy the world!" Ellie said tossing the plastic straw in the trash.

"it's the little things that make difference" Scott protested walking backward to face her, he stumbled across a trash bin "when the rest of the world stops using plastic, I will"

"We make the change, if we start everybody will follow" Scott exclaimed "we can save nature before it's too late to make a move!" He looked deep in her eyes.

"still, I'm not convinced" she said, he let out a sigh and then a great idea popped up in his mind.

He ran after her catching up with her pace "give me one more chance and I'll convince you" he begged.

"let me take you somewhere, let me show you something" he protested, she let out a sigh and nodded.

He pulled her after him and headed straight to the sea "where are you taking me?" She asked annoyed, he stayed silent for a while "you'll see" Scott said his expression changing totally.

He led her to a building on the shore and opened the door for her. what she saw couldn't be described in words.

A big turtle layed on the ground and alot of people around it, they looked concerned and their faces were terrified "hurry up get some water, Scott move help us" a woman shouted at Scott, he moved quickly and started helping.

Ellie walked slowly to have a close look at the turtle, what she saw was unbearable, there was a tiny plastic straw stuck in it's nose, blood dripping from it and people trying to pull the straw out of it's nose.

"You're going to be okay don't worry" the woman got closer to the turtle "come on guys you can do it, you can save that turtle from that brutal straw" she shouted, motivation obvious in her voice but at the same time fear was there, fear of losing the turtle, fear of not being able to save it.

Ellie sat on the ground terrified of how the turtle was agonizing in pain, it winced as they pulled the straw.

After hours of trying and failing they finally pulled the straw out of the turtle's nose but it was too late. The turtle suffocated.

Ellie couldn't stop the flood of tears that came afterward, she thought about every piece of plastic she have ever used and couldn't stop feeling that she did that. She killed that turtle! And many other marine animals.

...

#PlanetOrPlastic

Hello guys! This is my entry for #PlanetOrPlastic by NationalGeographic

It tears my heart apart seeing all these innocent creatures dying of swallowing a piece of plastic or a straw suffocating them.

We should make a move and stop this, participate in this writing contest to spread awareness.

Visit NationalGeographic for more information.

Also the video of the turtle is up there.

And these are some of the pictures that tear my heart apart.