Chapter Twenty-Six

Start from the beginning

"Li?" Ron stammered, reaching out to prod me for fear that I was actually a ghost. When his fingers met actual skin, his eyes widened and his mouth dropped open. "You were dead..." he stuttered.

I reached down and lifted the Malfoy locket up to show him. "This saved me. The magic within it brought me back, although not without a price. It's also bringing back Draco, Cedric, my father, Fred, Charlie and Sophia."

"Fr...Fred? Char...Charlie?" Ron stammered, tears rising to his eyes. "They're alive?"

I nodded and ran a hand through my hair. "They will be soon. Is Fred's body in the Great Hall still?" I asked. Ron nodded gormlessly. "Then we'd better get down there. It'll be a terrible shock for everyone when the dead start walking, and I suppose that I've got some explaining to do."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fred and Sophia were the first to come back, since their bodies were in the Great Hall. I gathered everybody around and explained what had happened to me and the sacrifice I had made to bring the others back, and then we all waited patiently as Sophia and Fred woke up.

George broke down into tears as Fred opened his eyes and looked around, frowning and patting his twin's head awkwardly as he tried to understand why everybody was sobbing. "What's the matter with you lot? Did somebody die or something?" he asked innocently.

Sophia woke up to Honey and I holding her hands, and Honey hurried to explain what had happened as best she could, although she too was sobbing uncontrollably. I watched as Sophia and Fred were helped to their feet and staggered towards each, gaining comfort in the fact that they knew how the other felt. I hoped that there was a future there - they would be perfect for each other.

As for the others, I had a feeling that they'd turn up at the castle sooner or later. I couldn't stand to be in the Great Hall for much longer, looking at all of the other dead bodies and feeling guilty that I wasn't able to bring back each and every one of them. It was awful feeling everyone's eyes on me, some of them in awe and others jealous. Why couldn't I bring back their siblings, or their loved ones they seemed to think? People wouldn't be able to accept that just because I'd brought people back from the dead once didn't mean that I could do it again.

The next person I found was Charlie. I was trudging through the castle, staring at my feet when I felt a pair of hands enclose over my eyes. "Guess who," he whispered in my ear.

I spun around and instantly grabbed my big brother, bursting into tears as I hugged him. "Oh my goodness...Charlie...it's really you!" I wailed into his shoulder. My favourite brother chuckled and stroked my hair, kissing the top of my head tenderly. "Talk about dramatic, Liet. You couldn't just die like everybody else, could you?" he teased lightheartedly, although it only made me cry harder. "You were dead Charlie..." I stammered.

"So were you," he retorted. I shot him a glare. "It's different. I had to keep living knowing that it was my fault! You told me that we shouldn't go back, but I didn't listen! I'm so sorry Charlie..." I erupted into sobs again.

Charlie pulled back and placed his hands on my shoulders, crouching down so he was at my level. "Juliet Weasley, or Andromeda Black, whatever name you're going by these days. Listen to me carefully, because I am only going to say this once, and every time after I am simply going to tickle you. It was not your fault, ok? I was flying dangerously and I wasn't watching what I was doing. You brought me back, ok? So we're not going to have any of this apology crap, because you have nothing to apologise for. Deal?"

I couldn't help but smile at his frank words. "But Charlie..." I started to protest. "No!" he shouted, reaching out and tickling my sides. I let out a scream of amusement as I fell to my knees, writhing and shouting out in amusement as he tickled me. "Stop it!" I screeched. "Do you promise to stop apologising?" he asked with a grin. I nodded my head and exhaled deeply, another giggle escaping me. It felt so good to just laugh again. Charlie climbed off of me and helped me up, giving me another hug.