LIV. The Second Dragonrider Part I

Start from the beginning

A while had passed, and  Robb had managed to end up next to Gendry on their trek. He had only met  Robert Baratheon once, but it was clear to see the similarities between  the father and son. He couldn't believe he had ever believed that  Joffrey, Tommen and Myrcella were ever true Baratheon-born. Robb  supposed he assumed they took after their mother, or that Robert's  genetics weren't as strong as the Lannisters. Clearly, Gendry was proof  that was incorrect.

"I only met your father  once, in Winterfell," Robb started suddenly, striking up a conversation  with the boy who had finally stopped complaining. "I was named after  him, I believe."

"I've heard all about  you, Young Wolf," Gendry chuckled to himself. "Your sister Arry never  quite shut up about you. Always on about how her brother was going to  avenge your father and become the one true King."

"Arry?" He repeated, in confusion.

"Arya," Gendry  clarified, using her nickname out of habit. "We were together for some  time after Eddard's death. We looked out for each other. Did you know  she pretended to be a boy for the longest time?"

"I'm aware," Robb smirked in amusement. "And define 'together'."

"Oh, just friends," he  shook his head quickly, hands in the air in defence. His reaction was a  little over the top, telling Robb that perhaps their bond could have  went further, one day.

"Arya's always been a  little wild, one time when she was little she sheep shifted Sansa's bed,  I swear she cried for a day about it," Robb broke into a grin out of  amusement. He couldn't wait to see his sisters again, hoping that it  would be sooner rather than later.

And now that he and Fianna were going to reside in Winterfell, it would be as if their family were whole again.

-

Fianna

"Every day, you come out  here and you stare at Viserion," a voice broke her out of her trance,  startling her enough to jump slightly. "When are you ever going to just  try and touch him?"

Daenerys' tone was full  of playfulness, but there was a sincerity in her voice. She wanted  nothing more for Fianna than for her to embrace the obvious bond she was  developing between herself and one of the dragons.

In a selfish way, she  wanted it for herself too - to not be the only dragon rider in the whole  world. And if Fianna were to become a true dragon rider because of her  grand mother's genetics, she would surely have to accept her lineage. Perhaps then she would even accept Daenerys.

Viserion would  occasionally settle himself on the cliff head, whenever Fianna was  seated on the rock. Each day, she wondered what his scaly skin would  feel like. How would he react if she dared to touch him?

"It doesn't make you any  less of a Bua," Daenerys continued in a murmur, when she saw that her  words were getting to the Northern lady. 

"I'll do it if it means  you stop getting on my back about it," she grumbled, hoping that she  sounded uncaring enough about it, but in truth she was feeling a mixture  of emotions. Primarily - excitement and nervousness. Her heart raced in  her chest at the prospect of reaching out and touching the dragon, much  like when she was a child and had sneaked into her fathers chambers to  hold his long sword.

Daenerys bit back a  smile, stepping back and allowing the brunette to march forward, toward  the cream and golden coloured dragon. In her own opinion, Fianna  considered him to the most majestic of all three, despite not being the  largest.

Her hand began to quiver  slightly the closer she got, it was as if it burned at the prospect of  what it was about to touch. Fianna's steps slowed and slowed the closer  she got, her nervousness starting to unevenly win over her excitement.