Chapter 2

It was taking Allen forever to pick me up. I started to wonder if he had really forgotten about tonight. I would be leaving in two days, and this could possibly be the last time I see him for almost a month.

   I was standing on the porch so I could see his headlights easier. The temperature dropped down to 45 degrees, and I was close to freezing in my t-shirt and ripped jeans. Finally the lights appeared piercing the darkness that surrounded me.

   "Baby, you miss me", he hollered from the driver's seat of his brown Ford.

  My eyes rolled but I was relieved he had actually made it. "Yes I did, now can we go," I gripped.

   He drove me out to the same spot we first kissed at. It was a small area looking over a small crystal clear pond. The ground was covered with a colorful mix of fall leaves.

  We jumped out of the cab and circled around to the truck to the bed and hoped back in. I curled close to Allen and rested my head gingerly on his shoulder.

    "Babe you know how much I love you," he asked me. I nodded now looking at him.

      "Good, Cuz it's alot."
   He leaned in as if expecting something. I swiftly (but softly) grabbed his face and kissed him. We pulled apart, but a second later we were right back at it. Making out under the stars with the only noise coming from the crickets.

   Before it could get too far I pulled away from him. " I better get home. We are going to visit my sister and I need to pack."

  "Oh, okay how long?"

   "For three weeks."

   "Well we better go," he replied hoping out of the truck. Allen lifted his hand and I grabbed it. He got me down out of the truck bed and walked me to my door.

  I searched for my iPhone to check if I missed anything. (It was on vibrate.)  Mom had appeared to have tried to call me five times.
I dialed her and she answered instantly.

   "Yes, ma'am," I said waiting to get yelled at.

   "ABIGAIL WHERE ARE YOU GET HOME NOW! SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH NIKKI WE HAVE TO GO NOW!!" She screamed at me.

  I sat there in my seat unable to think or say anything.  Nikki please be okay I couldn't live without you.