Chapter 9 - La Grande Illusion

Start from the beginning

Jughead: (voice over) "Thicker than blood, more precious than oil. Riverdale's big business is maple syrup. Since the town's founding, one family has controlled its lucrative syrup trade, the Blossoms."

~-~

Day One

Morning - Pop's Chock-Lit Shoppe

Archie and KP were sitting at a table, eating pancakes with the maple syrup, looking at each other, smiling small smiles. Jughead and Jessica walked closer, sitting next to them, getting some themselves.

Jughead: (voice over) "They were a part of the fabric of our daily lives. Rich or poor, old or young."

~-~

Lodge Apartment - Living Room

Bash and Veronica were sitting at the table, pouring syrup over their pancakes, while Hermione was standing nearby, drinking coffee.

Jughead: (voice over) "We consumed Blossom syrup by the bucket. That sickly, sweet smell was inescapable."

~-~

Cooper House - Kitchen

Alice was throwing an empty bottle of syrup away.

Jughead: (voice over) "The death of Jason Blossom precipitated a crisis."

~-~

Blossom Maple Farms - Outside

Penelope, Clifford, Cheryl and Valentina were standing outside in the snow, holding umbrellas. Several cars pulled up through the snow.

Jughead: (voice over) "With the heir apparent gone, who would inherit the family business one day? Cheryl or Valentina?"

Everyone in the cars got out of the limos, each with their own umbrellas. Most of them were redheads as well.

Jughead: (voice over) "It was a question that brought the wolves to Riverdale. And now, the Blossoms were circling the wagons against possible attack, from within their own ranks."

Polly walked closer to stand on the other side of Valentina, holding her own umbrella.

Betty: (voice over) "Polly won't answer my calls or emails."

~-~

Cooper House - Betty's Room

Betty and Bash were sitting on her bed, talking.

"I mean, I get that she doesn't want to talk to my Dad, but what did I do wrong?" Betty asked.

"Nothing," Bash answered. "We'll figure it out. Come here."

Betty and Bash smiled, starting to kiss.

Alice opened the door, walking in, making them pull away awkwardly. "Up and at 'em, breakfast is ready."

Betty shook her head. "I'm not hungry."