The greatest spellsword in all of Morrowind

"Teldryn Sero, blade for hire. For the right price I will make sure your boats are protected from those pesky pirates." the man in the chitin armor said, his voice riddled with arrogance and astuteness.

Kjar waved him off. "A single Dunmer cannot possibly defeat a whole fleet of pirates."

The Dunmer chuckled. "Oh.. but you do not know of my capabilities, Nord." Teldryn sat down, placing an elbow on the bar. "I've spent one too many years in Solstheim, years that could make up lifetimes. I am ready to go back to Skyrim.. and seek my fortunes there."

Kjar looked at Teldryn with wary eyes, for a moment he looked like he was thinking. Then he nodded. "What price..?"

"500 septims. No more, no less." Teldryn answered.

Kjar shook his head. "That is too much for me, perhaps you can find someone else to pay such a hefty price." with that he took a bottle of honingbrew mead and two bowls of soup and brought it over to Sania.

Teldryn quickly got up and followed. "Fine, 300."

"200. That is all I am paying for one day of service." Kjar said, frowning at Teldryn.

"Very well.. I just need to get to Skyrim anyways." the Dunmer said as Kjar put down the food and handed the mer some coin. "I'm at your service. Anything I can do for you?" His voice was unusual. Raspy, drenched in debonair.

My lord he sounds like he has alterior motives. Almost cocky and disgustingly sly. Sania thought, sipping on her soup.

Kjar looked over at Sania, then at the Dunmer. "I can take care of myself. As for the girl... I need you to watch over her tonight. I need my rest, and I do not want her getting any ideas to wander out and retrieving her belongings."

Oh no.. Must I stay in the same room as the creepy Dunmer?! Sania thought, keeping her eyes on her soup as she tried not to look too horrified.

"Very well." Teldryn said before grabbing a chair and taking a seat at Kjar and Sania's table. Teldryn ordered a drink and traditionally he poured it in a small ivory bowl and drank it, lifting his red scarf everytime he decided to take a sip. Sania would sometimes look up, just to see a chisled jawline, a pointed chin and a short, goatee looking beard. She then moved her eyes towards the other Dunmer. They had very pronounced features. High cheekbones, very pronounced and high arched brow muscles, pointed ears and especially strange grey/blue skin. They almost looked ugly to her. So she could almost imagine how ugly this one would look, even more so since he refused to take his helmet off just to drink.

When they were done, the three made their way to their rooms to settle down. Teldryn followed Sania, and closed the door behind him when they both entered. Nothing was said between the two, Sania did her best to not acknowledgement him too much, lest she would find herself having to explain herself when questions are asked.

"So you lost your father?" Teldryn asked, planting himself on a wooden chair.

Sania almost winced when she heard his arrogant voice ask a question as if her loss was a mere light incident.

"Yes.. My only family, he was all I had." Sania replied, dropping her shawl on the floor by the bed.

"I know what it's like to lose someone you care for.. My last patron was killed trying to tackle an entire fort of bandits alone." then he began to sniffle as if he was getting emotional, but it was hard for Sania to tell whether he was being sarcastic or genuine. So she just gave him her regards and crawled into bed.

"So.." the young woman spoke, sitting up and looking at him with curious eyes. "You are just going to sit there and watch me sleep?"

The next thing she knew she heard snoring coming from Teldryn.