21- Sweet Dreams

*Imagine for ayla_shelbyx, enjoy baby loves ! ♡*

"Ruby," Tommy soothed his daughter as she screamed her lungs out in the hospital after being the consequence of his feud with Sabini. Although he was as angry as he could be, he had to stay calm for his four-year-old who was covered in cuts and bruises, her head split open and multiple broken bones.

Sabini could do what he liked to him, but hurting his daughter had crossed the line. 

"Listen to me baby," he shushed her, "listen to me," he told her, scooping her onto his lap and tried to settle her, her arms around his neck tighter than he'd ever felt. It was then when he realized she needed him more than ever. 

"It hurts," she breathed, the tears continuously flowing down her cheeks. 

"I know it does but these people are going to make you better, okay? You have to let them," he murmured into her hair holding her as tight as he possibly could. 

"Will you stay with me?"

"I'm not going anywhere, sweetheart."

The doctors started to fill the room and Tommy knew he had to let his daughter go, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. He was never a sympathetic man before he was a father, but now he swore every pain his daughter felt, he felt too. 

Laying his daughter down on the hospital bed, she clung onto him with dear life. "Daddy," she screamed, her injuries deteriorating by the second. 

"Listen to me," he soothed her, her hands clung to his suit jacket. "They need to help you, okay? They're going to make you feel better baby I promise," he stroked her long hair down. He gave her a kiss before he let her go, and her screams only got louder, breaking his heart more.

If she hadn't of broken him when she was a baby, she sure as hell had now.

"Tommy!" Arthur and John shouted down the hallway, running to their brother as he watched helplessly through the window, his daughter having tubes put in and out of her, her cries silencing after a while. "She'll be okay, brother," Arthur told him, his hand on the back of his neck. 

"Don't fucking bullshit me, Arthur," Tommy snapped. "Where's Sabini?"

"We've got him locked up in one of our warehouses, what do you want us to do with him?"

"Leave him for me," Tommy ordered. 

"Alright, get some rest, brother," Arthur told him before walking away with John. "Oh and Tom, Ayla's on her way."

Tommy sighed at his brother's words and slumped down in the chair outside the room Ruby was being treated in. Tommy and Ayla hadn't been together for over a year because of his affair with Grace when he got home from France, but they made it civil for their daughter. 

However, he knew his wife would have a million and one questions for him when she got to the hospital. 

"Mr. Shelby," his thoughts were interrupted when his name was called by one of the doctors treating his daughter. Tommy shot up quicker than he ever had before. 

"Can I see her? Is she okay?-"

"Mr. Shelby," the doctor stopped him. "If you could come with me."

Tommy's heart stopped momentarily before he followed the doctor through to his office, where he nervously sat down, his elbows on his knees and his head in his hands. "Mr. Shelby, your daughter has sustained a serious head injury."

"How bad?" He spoke barely above a whisper, not really wanting to know the answer.

"We're talking a fractured skull, potential bleed on the brain. We need to take her into surgery."