Spiral Eyes

A\N: So, the song above has nothing to do with the chapter but it's basically how Nagito feels in a nutshell... at first. So yeah.

It had been around two months since that first day. You weren't alone in thinking that Nagito was a complete weirdo. In fact, almost the whole class felt that way. It turns out his title of Ultimate Lucky Student held more merit than him just winning a lottery. He had a bizarre luck cycle that would cause an event of insane good luck, than an event of insane bad luck that would result in someone (typically the poor Ultimate Mechanic who's name you currently struggled to remember) getting hurt, rinse and repeat. It was because of this that people began avoiding Nagito, you included.

Nagito, though, didn't take the hint.

You'd feel his eyes on you constantly. Whether he was watching you make a toy with fascination or intensely watching every small movement you made just in case he ever needed to help you just in case you, for example, dropped something or the simple creepily loving gaze that seemed to completely take him over whenever he got so much of a glimpse at your face, his eyes were pretty much glued to you. You put up with it for awhile. He was just a weird boy with a crush on you that would probably be innocent if it weren't for his odd personality that would probably pass with time. So, you dealt with the creepy stares and occasional attempts at flirting that always embarrassingly failed, as they weren't actually hurting anyone.

It was when you opened the door to your dorm one morning to find the largest bouquet of flowers you had ever seen along with a box of various candies you liked that the alarm sirens in your head went into full volume. You remembered that he once told you he was pretty wealthy, so it would explain how he bought you those things. But it didn't explain how he knew both the flowers and candy he got you were your favorites.

So, you stopped going to classes to avoid seeing him. They weren't mandatory and most of your classmates also didn't bother, so it's not like this was a big deal. Well, to Nagito, it was.

He constantly knocked on your door, asking if you were okay. Over the past two days, you'd wake up to the knocking and Nagito saying he hoped you felt better, before a couple of hours of silence, before the knocking and Nagito's questioning of if you were sick would return. Today, though, when you heard him picking the lock, was when you finally got the courage to shove what you were currently working on into your bag and leave through the window.

And that's how you found yourself sitting on some grass, working on some wind up toy pets. As you wound up the small puppy and watched it run around, you took the time to enjoy the feeling of being alone, because you knew it wouldn't last. And it didn't.

When a shadow loomed over you, you were ready to run as fast as you could. However, you looked up and saw that instead of Nagito, there was a woman.

"(Name) (Last name)?" The woman asked. You nodded.

"That's me." You said.

"I'm Chisa Yukizome. As of today, I'm your new teacher." The woman said before offering you a hand. You denied the offer and attempted to ignore her, continuing to work on your toys.

"Hey! Don't ignore m-" She was cut off when you screamed in response to her putting a hand on your shoulder.

You ended up being dragged along while riding in a wagon so you could continue your work, as a sort of apology from your teacher for freaking you out like that.

"Hmph! Not only are you a lazy bum, but you make such ugly toys! Pathetic!" Said one of your classmates, a girl named Hiyoko Saionji, who beared the title of Ultimate Traditional Dancer. Her attempt at insulting you didn't do much to earn a reaction out of you, in complete contrast to her favorite victim, the Ultimate Nurse known as Mikan Tsumiki.

"That's a shame. I was planning to give you one for free since it's within your age demographic. You can still test it out if you want." You said as you offered her the wind up rat. Hiyoko let out an offended gasp before she began crying and clung to Mahiru Koizumi, the Ultimate Photographer, and whined about how you were mean. You went back to ignoring her, not knowing that she was already planning her revenge.

It was when Ms. Yukizome was too focused on another one of your classmates (who you believed was the Ultimate Swordswoman or something) did you notice the wagon you were in being pulled away. Just when it had fully registered in your mind, you ended up at the top of some sort of hill. Hiyoko walked into your field of vision and smirked.

"Let's see if you react to this!" Hiyoko said before kicking you down the hill. While you didn't scream, your eyes widened when the wagon ended up going into the street, causing a truck to swerve to avoid hitting you. The wagon hit a rock, sending you flying. By some miracle, you landed on your feet and weren't hurt. However, the miracle was short lived, because...

"(Name)!"

...You landed where Nagito was.

"Wow! It must be my lucky day! I search everywhere for you, and you magically pop up the moment I decide to take a break! How wonderful!" Nagito said. You took a few steps backwards, already wanting to be as far away from him as possible.

"I have to go, I lost my-" You were cut off by him grabbing your wrist. You began freaking out and started struggling, causing him to tighten his grip.

"Nonsense! You just got here! I was about to get a drink from the vending machine, do you want one too? My treat." Nagito offered. Before you could answer his question, though, a truck suddenly crashed into the vending machine, causing a bunch of soda cans to spill out. Actually, it was the same truck that nearly hit you. Nagito let go of your wrist and let out an awkward laugh.

"Um... sorry about that. My luck can be kind of random." Nagito said before going over to pick the soda cans up. However, Ms. Yukizome showed up, and you internally thanked her for saving you from having to spend more time alone with him.

You had been currently left to clean up the classroom while Ms. Yukizome went to retrieve the last two of your classmates. However, because your toys were destroyed because of Hiyoko's little prank, you were more concerned with fixing them.

"(Name)? Are you okay?" You clenched your hands into fists when Nagito decided now was still a good time to annoy you.

"None of your business." You replied. He leaned in closer, causing you to lean back, as you were already uncomfortable.

"You seem more tense than usual. Is someone bothering you? I could tell them to stop for you. Or maybe I shouldn't. It'd be truly amazing to see your hope persevere against the despair you seem to be feeling right now!" Nagito said as his eyes started... swirling?

"Hey, dumbass! Quit trying to make out with (Name) and help us with the windows!" You heard a boy who you think was named... Fuyuhiko? Yeah, that was his name. Nagito's eyes went back to normal, as he turned around with a light pink blush on his cheeks.

"Ahaha, sorry. Didn't know that's what it looked like to you guys." Nagito said before walking away from you. Your head collided with your desk seconds later. Now that your new teacher was going to make you come to class, you had to get used to putting up with Nagito's... odd personality once again. Great. Just great.

But, one thing refused to leave your mind. His eyes. The way they looked when he talked about your hope overcoming despair. Why did the way they looked terrify you so much?

The Outcast (Yandere!Nagito Komaeda x Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara