"Thank you, Newt," he said quietly. "Thanks to you, we are one step closer to defeating Grindelwald."

Newt got to his feet. He was frowning slightly. He didn't understand how Dumbledore could say they were closer to defeating Grindelwald but he didn't question him.

"I know it seems like Grindelwald won today," Dumbledore continued. "And, in a way, he did. But all of us are here. You all lived to fight another day. Grindelwald will continue to gain support but so will we. When the time is right, we will move against him and we will win. For now, you've done enough. You and your friends should go home and rest. One day, I'll need your help again and I know you'll be willing to give it." He paused. "I think it's best if Mr. Kowalski stays with you. As a Muggle, he will be unable to defend himself against a magical attack. It would be far too dangerous for him to return to New York by himself."

Newt nodded and Dumbledore started to turn. 

"Dumbledore," Newt called. The man stopped. "What about the girl?"

Dumbledore glanced at Nagini. She had looked up when Travers had spoken and was now staring, expressionless, across the room.

"You'll take care of her. She needs a friend and a family. You can be that for her. She'll need protection. Credence may decide to come looking for her. If he does, he won't be alone. In fact, Grindelwald may not let him go at all, instead choosing to send some of his followers. We don't want to put her in any danger. She'll be safe with you."

Newt nodded then he made his way over to Jacob.

"Jacob," he said quietly. The man looked up. "Dumbledore believes it's best if you stay with me. Everyone who was involved is in danger but, since you're a Muggle, you won't be able to defend yourself. Is that alright with you?"

Jacob nodded once.

"Okay," Newt said. "We'll be leaving soon." He slowly approached the girl in the corner.

"Nagini." The girl's eyes came into focus and she looked at Newt.

"Yes," she said quietly.

"Dumbledore wants me to take care of you. He believes that people might be looking for you and that we should protect you. Would you be willing to come with me?"

Nagini looked nervous. "But, Mr. Scamander, I'm a Maledictus. I'm a dangerous creature."

Newt shook his head. "No, you're not. You're not dangerous. You can control your actions, no matter what form you're in. I take care of magical creatures, that's my job, and many of them are far more dangerous than a snake."

The girl smiled slightly. "Thank you," she murmured.

"So, you'll come?"

Nagini nodded. Newt gently rested his hand on her shoulder for a moment then straightened up. He glanced around the room, just in time to see the hem of Tina's coat vanish through a door. He hesitated, wondering if he should follow her or just leave her alone. He knew she was upset and didn't know if she'd welcome company.

If I were upset, I'd want her to comfort me, he decided. The thought made him blush but he made his way out of the room and glanced in both directions. Tina had reached the end of the corridor to the right and had stopped in front of a window. She was staring through it to the grounds below. It was still light outside and, from where Newt stood, he could see mountains in the distance. He made his way towards her. Years of tracking magical creatures had trained him to move silently and he made no noise as he approached her. 

Newt stopped a few feet away, unsure what to do. He studied her. Even from the back, she was beautiful. Her new haircut was slightly shorter, leaving her neck bare. Her new coat suited her, making her look more professional . . . and more beautiful. Her head was bowed slightly as she stared out the window and Newt was suddenly nervous.

What should I say? I don't even know what she's been doing recently, he thought. He continued staring at her for a few more minutes.

"Please say something," Tina said suddenly.

Newt felt himself blush. "How did you--"

Tina turned to look at him, offering him a tired smile. "I can see your reflection in the window."

Newt gave an embarrassed smile. "What are you going to do now?" he asked slowly. "Will you be going back to New York?"

Tina shrugged. "I don't know. I -- I can't go back to New York, but I don't know where I could go."

Newt didn't say anything. He understood why Tina was saying she couldn't return to New York. That was where she had spent the most time with her sister and being there without her would be painful.

"Besides," Tina continued. "This isn't over yet. Grindelwald is still out there but he won't be in New York anymore. There's no reason for me to be there."

They were silent for a moment. Newt was trying to work up the courage to make the offer he wanted to make. Finally, he spoke.

"T-Tina, I was thinking . . . Jacob and Nagini will be staying at my house. I was wondering if, maybe you'd like to -- you know -- maybe you'd like to stay with us," Newt managed.

Tina smiled. "Thank you, Newt. I'd like that."

A/N: Thanks for reading my story. Please vote and comment. It really means a lot!

I made the cover for this book, without the title, right when the picture in it was released. I had planned to use it for my Crimes of Grindelwald story, whatever it was, and here it is.

Have a good day!

Bye!