Chapter One

One Year Later

One Year Later...

I was in my boyfriend Tom's car. The rain was tapping against the windows, distorting the view of the orange glow of the street lights.

"Isla, you know I love you." Tom sighed.

"Yeah." I said bored of the conversation we had been having ever since he pulled up to the side of the road.

"She meant nothing to me. I love you and only you." He tried to convince me of it.

"Why did you do it?" I wasn't upset like you'd think you would be after opening your boyfriend's phone onto his cheating instagram messages with some girl.

"I-erm, I don't know." He couldn't even give me a reason.

"Cool." I brushed it off and didn't show him how hurt I was. "Can you take me home now?"

"Isla, are we okay?" He ran his hand through his hair stressed.

"Yup." I popped the p. He sighed and put the car's engine on and started driving me in the direction of my flat in Manchester.

When he pulled up around the corner from my apartment complex, I sighed and he placed his hand on my upper leg, giving it a squeeze.

"Can I come in for a coffee?" He looked at me with sad puppy dog eyes that I didn't fall for.

"Not tonight, I have work in the morning." I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out of the car.

I checked my phone realising I had a missed video call from Geoff. I kicked off my shoes, took off my coat and put the kettle on.

I clicked on Geoff's contact and video called him.

"Hey Isla, how are you?" I still spoke to Geoff despite no longer being with Awsten. Over the year, he's become like a brother to me, my best friend.

"I don't want to talk about me. How's Rory and Chloe?" I smiled. I was so surprised when Geoff announced that Chloe was pregnant last December, they kept it completely private from the fans until a few months after Rory was born.

"We're all good, Rory just woke up, do you wanna see her?" I nodded my head frantically in response. "Hold on, let me go get her."

He held up Rory to the camera and waved her hand by holding it up.

"Hi beautiful! Has your daddy been looking after you or does Auntie Isla have to tell him off?" Geoff shook his head and laughed. Rory smiled when Geoff laughed and it made my heart melt.

"Anyway, how's work?" Geoff asked me, sitting Rory in his lap.

"It's okay, I'm a bit stressed with Christmas coming and the store is getting busier but it's paying the bills while I figure out what I wanna do with my life." I sighed.