0 | The Originals

Start from the beginning

With your handwriting and musings,
HEG.

Haley sighed as she closed her diary, closing her eyes as she sat it on the desk, smiling softly at the memories of the room. She'd knew she miss this place, but she hoped one day, she'd return. Haley closed her eyes, taking a moment of silence, before opening her eyes, and walking out of her room, knowing Stefan and Damon would pack it up, and send it to her. Maybe Damon would call Elijah, and warn him of her incoming, but she didn't know that yet. Haley knew that Elijah was noble, and she trusted him. She also trusted Athena, but with the way things are currently, they didn't really trust them, nevertheless her. Haley sighed, walking downstairs in the house. Elena had almost burnt down the house, if it wasn't for Haley catching the match. Elena hadn't been thinking straight, but Haley had scrubbed every inch of the house to rid of the gas that was spread. She sighed softly as she sat on the couch, turning on the tv.

Damon and Stefan were standing in the living room of the Salvatore house, talking about Haley. "Elena wouldn't care if we sent her somewhere safe, Stefan. She has no humanity." Damon told him. Stefan shook his head, sighing. "She will once we get her to turn it on." Stefan answered Damon. Damon scoffed as he drank some bourbon. "Where do we send her to?" Damon asked curiously. Stefan sighed, shaking his head. "We're not sending her anywhere, Damon. Haley has the right to choose where she wants to go." Stefan told Damon, walking away, ending the discussion. Damon watched his brother with a shake of his head. Damon would admit he cared for the Gilbert girl with his life. He saw Haley as a younger sister, someone he admired. He'd probably admit he was closer to Haley then Bonnie, but yet, the two rivaled places in Damon's undead heart.

Haley stood in the kitchen at the Gilbert house, with Stefan and Damon in front of her. "Thanks for coming." Both of them nodded. "You two mentioned sending me away, and I happen to agree with you." Haley started. "I need one of you to compel me. I'm only letting you do this once, because I want to live in a peaceful life." Haley spoke, looking at Damon and Stefan. Both of them glanced wary, but understood. "We has the same idea." Damon told Haley serious. Damon was the only one who Haley noticed he was serious only with her. Haley slowly nodded. "The vervain isn't out of my system, as I drink it everyday, but tomorrow, I'll be packing. I'll pick a place with a map and a pin, after I'm compelled. I'll think you two are friends with Elena or whatever, and stuff." Haley gestured around. "I have the Gilbert house into my name, so Elena can't get in while I'm gone. I rather like my home, thank you. You two and Caroline are allowed in. Elena is not. She needs my permission, seeing I'm taking the deed with me, and it's legal." Haley spoke. Stefan and Damon nodded, already going over this once before. Haley sighed. "Tomorrow then?" Haley looked at them, with sadness in her eyes. "You two be careful, and take care of yourselves. I rather not loose you two to anyone." Haley spoke specifically to Stefan more of Damon. Someway, Haley knew Damon would keep an eye on her no matter what. Stefan smiled, walking forward, hugging the young Gilbert close to him. "Watch over Elena for me?" She asked curiously, looking at Stefan and Damon. They both nodded. "I promise." Damon told her softly. Haley sighed, nodding. Damon hugged Haley tightly, placing a kiss on the crown of her head. "See you later, Gilbert." Damon whispered to Haley, and both the brothers left the house. Haley stood in the house alone, smiling as she was waiting for the next day.

The next morning, Haley woke up, knowing vervain was out of her system. She noticed her bags and stuff were by the door. She smiled softly as she got up, and gotten dressed. She smelt food and walked downstairs to see Stefan, Damon, Matt, and Caroline. Haley laughed softly, shaking her head. "Guys." Haley told them. "We have issues, like Elena." She gestured outside to the world. Caroline and Bonnie shook their heads. "She can wait, you need to celebrate the fact you're going to forget about all of this drama and live your life!" Caroline told Haley. Haley laughed, grabbing a mug, sipping it softly. "Thank you guys, I mean it." Haley told them sincerely. Damon and Stefan had stayed silent. But Bonnie and Caroline was smiling of tears. "After you choose the town, Damon will call Elijah, and let him know about you forgetting." Caroline told her. Haley knew Elijah had cared for Haley in a way, that Haley didn't expect, but she was grateful for their friendship they cherished. Haley nodded. She sighed as she sat down on the counter.

Several hours, it was only Damon and Haley in the living room. Damon was nervous, and he never got nervous for anything or anyone. Haley had packed her bags, and they were by the door. She turned around, seeing Damon. Damon had tears in his eyes. Haley sighed softly. "I'm not permanently leaving you, Damon." She shook her head, smiling. Damon nodded. Haley wiped his tears, hugging Damon tightly. "I know, but you call me, alright? I'll come to you in a heartbeat if you're hurt or you want to come home." He whispered. Haley nodded as she let go. Haley sat on the couch, knowing when she forgets, she'll know she's supposed to leave. Damon cleared his throat, and tilting her head to meet her eyes with his own. His eyes dilated. Haley was in a daze. "Haley Gilbert, you are one of the most considerate person that I've known in my immortal life; and you helped me through my bad days. You are going to forget that you knew about vampires, you're going to forget about the supernatural world. You will carry a stake to protect you, you will take a crossbow with you. You will move to a city for inspiration, you will go and make a life for yourself. From this day forward, you will only know Stefan and I are your friends. You will know that Elena is resting at our house, since she almost burnt down the house and you told her to stay out. Jeremy is in Denver visiting family friends. You will remember that you're looking for peace, and you left Mystic Falls to look for it. As these last few words, I will always protect you, Haley. You are my sister to me, a Salvatore, and you call me if you need anything." Damon stopped, stepping back as he finished compelling her. He blinked his eyes, and rushed away from the Gilbert house.

Haley blinked in confusion, and sighing as she remembered she planned moving. After kicking Elena out from almost burning the house, she needed a vacation. Thankfully, she found a map and a pin. She closed her eyes, and rolled the pin onto the map. She opened her eyes to see the pin landing in New Orleans, LA. Haley smiled softly, looking over at her bags, ready for a new adventure. "New Orleans, here I come." Haley whispered. Haley Gilbert wouldn't know what hit, until she arrived.

||

•• I know this is a short crappy chapter, but whatever. The prologue is up, and I'm so freaking excited to write this, you have no idea how much excitement I have for this book.
•• I thank the lovely, Dove [wickedivory] for lending me some of her characters from her Originals series, I'm so thankful I get to write Athena. I promised that I'd try my best to get her right.
•• Expect slow updates, because I am writing this book; along with Reincarnated, but after I complete that book, I will focus on this one.
•• I don't know if I am deciding to make this into a five season book, but I'll definitely keep an open mind for Haley as she traveled through ups and downs.
•• Stay tuned for Always and Forever!