1st Lifetime: Yearning For The Unattainable (1)

Start from the beginning

Wang Jian entered the Tianlu Hall graciously and majestically, emitting a cold and untouchable aura throughout the room. His long, spotless-white silk hanfu fluttered along with the wind and the sun's rays were radiating from behind him—creating a glowing illusion which made his unparalleled ethereal visage look even more striking. This view undoubtedly would make countless immortals and all mortal women drool and struck by a nosebleed. Even Siming, who was also a man, couldn't help but praise the Heavenly Empress who gave birth to this drop-dead gorgeous immortal.

Standing in front of the dazed Siming, Jian frowned and knitted his sword-like eyebrows. "What? Knowing that your friend is punished by the Heavenly Emperor, you look down on this Prince and refuse to greet this Prince?"

Wang Jian's insinuation made Siming quickly regain his sense and collected his soul back. Laughing wryly, he raised from his seat and kowtowed before Jian.

"This lowly immortal didn't dare, didn't dare." With a playful tone, he continued on, emphasized his every word, "This lowly deity is greeting His Highness, the Crown Prince."

Jian cleared his throat awkwardly, flicked his sleeves, then sat on the nearby chair and poured himself some tea.

Siming—the god of fate, and Yanwang—the ruler of Netherworld, was Wang Jian's inner circle. The three have a great relationship from childhood and were practically joined at the hip to each other. They were very close, to the point never talk or greet each other in a formal way. Thus, hearing Siming teased him with his formal title made Wang Jian felt quite awkward.

"Before you take this Prince to the Netherworld, this Prince has something to ask you." Jian unsealed his cherry lips and sipped his tea in a graceful manner.

Siming followed Jian to sit down and inquired, "What does Your Highness want to know?"

As soon as his words slipped from his tongue, Siming felt a certain crown prince gave him a deathly glare. Thus, he quickly corrected his sentence, no longer dare to tease his currently-over-sensitive friend.

"Ahem! I mean, what do you want to know? Don't be so serious, you scare me to death, ah!"

Placing down his porcelain cup on the table, Jian spoke in a melancholy tone. "You're a deity who controlled the fate of mortals and immortals. So, tell me, where will fate bring her in this lifetime? Who is she in this lifetime? How old is she right now? Is she alright?"

Hearing Jian's barrage of questions, the chain of veins on Siming's head suddenly throbbed hard. Massaging his temple, Siming let out a helpless sigh.

"Wang Jian, mortal's fate is Heaven's number one secret. Even your Heavenly Imperial Father, the Jade Emperor himself, is not allowed to take a peek at the fate book, let alone you who was still a Crown Prince, ah!" Siming waved his hand and shook his head, "So, I can't answer those questions. No comment!"

Wang Jian only let out a deathly smirk upon hearing his friend's firm answer. The next moment, Jian's Xuan Yuan sword suddenly appeared on his pale arm—made Siming's eyes immediately grew round.

Curving his lips into a vicious smile, Jian spoke in a teasing tone, "Ah, so High Deity Siming is so secretive toward his good friend, ah. I see, I see..."

A cold gust suddenly crept along Siming's spine.

"Siming, you know that someday I will ascend the throne, right?" Jian spoke in a gentle tone. Yet, his voice able to make Siming shivered in fear. "That time, the power over all realms and immortals will end up in my palm. If I so wished, I could promote Yuan Shu or Yuan Shao to your position and demote you. I heard from Yanwang that Wangchuan River needs a new guard to control the mortals who will enter the reincarnation wheel—"