Your Smile that is Even More Enchanting (4)

Start from the beginning

Off and on, from when the sky glowed only hazily with dawn until it was nearly noon, they were intimate with one another.

He knew there were still matters to attend to and hence he exercised restraint. Propping his arms, which were slick with perspiration, beside her head, he slid his fingers into her dampened, black hair. Chu Jian had been worn out to the point that even the seams of her bones were aching, and unable to endure this any longer, she urged him, “Hurry, hurry…”

Just these two, brief words nearly caused him to lose his control, and he was planning to just forget about everything, to abandon all his plans for today and squander the day away on the bed with her.

Chu Jian: “You’re so annoying. No… I meant, hurry and finish up…”

“I’m honestly so sleepy I could die. I want to sleep. Jian Bianlin, I really want to sleep.”

Unable to utter another half a word, she closed her eyes. But right as she was about to catch the corner of the Duke of Zhou’s[1] [god of dreams] robe, she suddenly started back to awareness. Forcing herself to stay awake, she gazed fixedly at him with narrowed eyes. “I couldn’t really see those photos clearly. Did you kiss her?”

“… I’ve never even let her touch my hands.”

Rather pleased from hearing this, Chu Jian drifted off into slumber.

After letting her doze for a dozen or so minutes, Jian Bianlin half coaxed, half lifted her up from the bed. “You can sleep again tonight. There are still things that need to be done.”

“……” That was true. He still needed to rehearse for the birthday event.

Work was more important, after all, so Chu Jian did not really try to be unreasonable. Crawling out of bed of her own accord, she took a shower and then, after changing into some clean clothes, followed him downstairs. She was going to tell him to, on his way, drop her off at the nearby metro station, and she could even head over to her office first. However, after they were sitting in the car, she found that the direction they were headed was not quite right.

The Huhang [Shanghai-Hangzhou] Expressway?

She sniffed out something fishy. “You’re not going to your company office?”

“We’re going home first.”

“Back to Hangzhou?”

His silence was a tacit affirmative.

“Is there something urgent?”

“We’re going register our marriage.”

“……”

Earlier, when she was having her little nap, he had already obtained the consent of both sets of parents. The message Jian Bianlin had conveyed was this: The two had already consummated their relationship. If by chance there was already a baby but yet the date they registered their marriage was much later, it would not foster a positive influence for the nurturing and teaching of the child, should the child find out the truth later.

In any case, it was a hogwash reason.

He simply wanted to hurry, take her as his wife, and bring her home with him. Once there was a small red booklet[2] with their photo affixed to it and a seal imprinted on it and everything was input into the system, their relationship would officially, legitimately be husband and wife.

Just thinking about that felt exceptionally good.

The entire journey was smooth and free from congestion. When they drove into the community compound, it was past two o’clock.