4 | Girl in New Orleans

Start from the beginning

Later that night, Haley had brought her bow and arrow, after explaining it was her protection. Athena had let this go, seeing as she would be there. She was slowly starting to warm up to the fact Haley would be around, but she didn't trust her entirely. Haley glanced around the bayou the clinic. "This is the doctor's office?" Hayley asked. Agnes smiled. "Dr. Paige is only this far out because Marcel's men kept terrorizing her patients. Go! She won't bite!" Hayley, Haley and Athena nervously exited the car, walking towards the clinic. Haley kept an a warily eye, her bow ready to aim and shoot. Athena was listening. She didn't hear Agnes calling someone on the phone. "Guys, I sense someone." Haley called out. She didn't know how, or why. Athena knew this wasn't the time to ask or explain, because she heard something. Athena turned to see Thomas, Nathaniel and Jackson in their wolf forms. Athena noticed Nathaniel watching Haley curiously. The chocolate brown wolf tilted its head, as if scrutinizing her. Athena rose an eyebrow, turning to Thomas who shook its head. "It's okay, it's the wolves." Athena assured Haley. Haley nodded. "I sensed them, but I sensed something else." She spoke softly, but she followed Athena and Hayley inside. She slowly put her bow down.

Dr. Paige was giving Hayley an ultrasound, hearing the fetal heartbeat. Haley stood by the door, not once wavering her gaze, or her bow. She was cautious. And Athena seemed to have questions running through her mind, but she wouldn't admit, witches did creep her out, hence the experiences with some when she woke up. "Your baby's heart rate is perfect." Haley smiled softly. "I knew it." Hayley told her. "She's a tough one, like her mom." Dr. Paige chuckled, handing her a tissue to wipe the ultrasound gel off of her abdomen. Hayley wipes the ultrasound gel off of her torso, sitting up. Dr. Paige noticed Hayley's crescent-moon shaped birthmark on her shoulder." That's a unique birthmark." Hayley pulled on her sweater. Haley and Athena watched, curious to why Dr. Paige would speak of it. "We're pretty much done here, right?" Athena stepped forward, raising an eyebrow. Haley held her bow in a tight grip, watching the witch with an intense gaze. Athena noticed that her sister had texted Hayley. 'Where are you?' It had read. "Your blood pressure is a bit high, I've got something for it." Dr. Paige told her, walking away, where Agnes was waiting in the next room. While Hayley replied to Rebekah, Haley sensed something. "Guys." She spoke, alert. They heard a wolf howling. Haley sensed two of them. Hayley, startled, stood, walking to the window, looking out and seeing the car's headlights approaching, making her suspicious and anxious. Haley turned to see Dr. Paige. "Hayley, run." She spoke, her voice tense with anxious and worry. "Ah, you know, I'm—I'm actually not that good with pills." Hayley told her. Haley turned to Hayley, with a serious look. "Heh, neither am I, truth be told." Dr. Paige told her, nervous, setting the medicine cup on the table, starting to prepare something. "Hayley, when I say run, I mean it." Haley warned her, preparing her bow and arrow, aiming towards the door, her eyes flashed golden unconsciously, Athena noticed it immediately, but now wasn't the time, seeing they were prepared to be attacked. Haley noticed a group of intimidating-looking men walked into the clinic, whispering something unintelligible to Agnes. Athena glowed her eyes violet, her veins appeared. "Can't we have some sort of privacy and peace to get an ultrasound without witches killing an innocent baby?" Athena scoffed, flashing to one of the men, snapping its neck, and stared at Haley. "I'm trusting you, Gilbert." Haley nodded quickly. Hayley turned around to see Dr. Paige preparing a syringe. Haley noticed. "Not on my watch." Haley hissed. She let go of the arrow, making the syringe fall to the ground. Hayley grabbed her arm and pushed it away from her, stabbing the syringe into the doctor's neck, after picking it up from the ground. Haley flew more arrows towards the men, backing away to cover Hayley. "Run!" She yelled at Hayley, releasing more arrows she had left. Hayley managed to shut and lock it before they could enter. One of the men grabbed Haley from behind. Athena raced to her, snapping the man's neck. One of the men rattled the doorknob. Hayley shrugged to open the window to escape. When they finally got in, Hayley had already escaped and began running away. Haley shot an arrow to a man's chest, killing him instantly. Haley turned around, running towards the front door, while shooting arrows that were running towards her. Athena checked the bathroom, before running after Haley. "We need to find her!" Athena yelled at Haley. "On it!" She yelled. She knew Athena would be strong enough to get the rest of the men. She wrapped the bow into its place, and began to run, taking off towards the bayou. She heard wolves growling and howling, but somehow, she knew they wouldn't harm her. "Hayley!" She yelled, worried for her friend. She dialed Rebekah's number. "Hey, we've got a problem. Athena's handling one part, but Hayley's missing." She told her, sighing as she heard her, and hung up. Haley ran a hand through her hair, looking in whichever direction she may have ran to.