Prologue

Our tale starts off in an underwater kingdom; inhabited with hundreds among thousands of different sea creatures. Each has their sustained ‘human’ form, either above or under the surface. While this kingdom’s main viewpoints revolve around peace, that doesn’t necessarily mean it will be inhabited by peaceful aquatic life. This is the story of one of those misfit families. The family is a gam, grind, school, herd, pod, collage, or shiver -whichever term you prefer- of sharks, consisting of two sons by the names of Samekichi and Sal, and their father, Old.

Samekichi was the one who got along with mostly everyone in the kingdom; mischaracterized due to appearance. He holds a strong, loving relationship with the Sea Witch, Wadanohara. Sal and Old could only dream of ever having such a bond… at least with a girl who was sane for the most part. Sal was the older brother of Samekichi, however, both were increasingly different. Sal, though a handsome shark, was an atrocious man. He was accused of sexual assault towards the Sea Witch long ago, and performs multiple acts of Satan worships, including summonings and rituals. His eyes were as blue as their sea, and his façade in public was most deceiving.

Old, the father, was a man of silence. Whenever a word came out of his mouth, it was not one of positivity. He gave no concern for anything at all, and holds a grudge upon one of the Princess’ aides due to a few simple scars. Although he betrayed the Great Sorcerer many years ago, many look down upon him for his selfish actions and terrible decision making; for the most part, no one appreciated him. Treating him kindly was as close anyone ever got to making any form of contact with him, and fortunately for Wadanohara- while she was invited over a lot by Samekichi; having nothing to do with his brother- she had to come in some form of contact with Old daily. She held no grudge; she never formally met him, but if he was anything like Sal, she swore she would hold no mercy for him.

 Not only was half the family intimidating, they were feisty. The entire shark façade rubbed off on them greatly; making them quite frightening if any of them were starved. Samekichi made sure they were all well fed; he couldn’t bear to see Sal or even Old lash out at someone purely out of hunger. He was the most responsible out of that entire shark family if put into comparison, while Old merely lingered there to keep his dominance of the house, and Sal managed to wreak havoc wherever he went. At least someone had a sense of logic.

Luckily for the kingdom, not one has been lashed out at by the shark family, but it is not something unlikely, so many keep their eyes open, and or offer food to them whenever they are invited over or barge in. Although they are not pampered through these offers, they have come to notice that a majority of the population fears them for their ‘wild’ behavior, even if Samekichi is as tame as he is. Sal seems to enjoy the ‘service’ he’s given in some instances, even if he’s been threatened and cowered over by many. Old… not many recall him, or refuse to acknowledge their memory of him, so any sort of conversation he ever gets is either with Tatsumiya or his sons.

Putting aside precautions of the (specific) shark family, one would find out more about their lifestyle by witnessing it through the eyes of one who lived their personally, or even looking in like peeking through a telescope. Sharks are known as little threat in this sea kingdom, but knowing Sal and Old’s past reputations… one cannot be so sure….

Not anymore.