"Because Seamus got me involved and I choose you." Lavender responded. "Just think about it, Seamus is a really nice guy and if I let him do it all by himself he would never find someone." Seamus nodded. "And I really don't want to be in the middle of a pity fight between to two of them just because Seamus can't stand it when he loses something."

"So let me get this straight: That guy has a thing going on with another friend of yours, that friend dared him to marry an stranger and that's why you asked meto marry your friend?" They guy looked at Lavender challenging her to say he's wrong.

Lavender nodded "That's exactly what I said yes."

"And why can't he ask it himself? Can't he talk?" The guy- god Seamus really needed a name- asked looking directly at Seamus.

"I can talk, it's just that she always starts babbling before I even get a change." Without breaking the eye contact Seamus extended his hand. "Let me give it a try. Hai, I'm Seamus Finnigan. Would you marry me?"

"No thank you." The guy said returning back to his sketch, he picked up his pencil and just started drawing while ignoring Seamus' hand.

"Uhm, can I at least have your name?" Seamus asked as he let his arm fall by his side.

"Dean Thomas." The guy responded without looking back up, his eyes glued to the book in front of him as if the last few minutes had never happened.

Seamus looked at Lavender behind him who only pushed him onto on of the couches of the booth getting in after him, on the opposite side of Dean.

They just sat there for some time, looking at the way Dean's hand moved over the paper, the way the other man acted as if he were completely alone, as if Seamus wasn't someone who actually existed but was just a weird hallucination of some sorts.

"Dean?" Seamus began, voice a lot rougher after not using it for some time. "Why won't you marry me?"

Dean only moved his eyes so he could look at Seamus through his lashes, nothing else gave the impression that Dean actually took part in the conversation.

"Because you are a complete stranger, why would I say yes?" He answered as his eyes went back to the drawing.

"Yes I get that, but aren't you in for an adventure?" Seamus asked hopefully, he needed to make this work because where would he ever find the courage to ask some one else? Nowhere as Lavender had said so nicely some time ago.

"You don't know me Seamus but I don't usually marry someone I just met. I know this can be a shock for you as you literally asked me twice if I want to marry you and you apparently won't take the fucking hint and leave." He had set his pencil down at this point, arms crossed and was looking straight at Seamus.

"But I guess that I will give you one minute to explain to me why me marrying you would be an improvement in both our lives." He leaned back, arms still crossed and the eye contact still intact.

"I need to marry you because-" Lavender choose you. He couldn't say that, that is like saying 'Hey, I don't want to marry you, and I would never choose you, but my friend asked you because of a thing I have going on with my other friend.' And as Lavender used that reason already, that wouldn't work.

"Because," He started again. "the minute I laid my eyes on you, I knew you were the one, and I know there is no such thing as a soulmate but I am pretty sure that if there was that you would be mine."

It was really cheesy and didn't give an explanation why Seamus needed it to be Dean of all people but it felt like maybe, just maybe Dean would say yes, and maybe Seamus still had a chance to win all the money of the bet, money he could use to get the books he needed for next semester without having to sell all this furniture.