"I've never read a muggle book before what are they usually about?" He asks quickly changing the subject, and I shrug not really sure how to explain what muggle books are about when there are so many genres. "Well you're going to read it yourself, and you tell me."

"But you're reading..."

"I've read it at least four times I need to know if someone else likes it just as much as I do."
------------------------------------------------------------------

Mara's POV

"Did you see Leah in class taking out all of her built up anger on those poor slugs..."

"You mean the bubotubers?" Hermione interjects clarifying that we're still talking about the same disgusting creatures from first hour herbology. "Yes the bubotubers." I sigh.

"In fact I did..."

She's cut off as light erupts from the back of the line, and sure enough we can see red hair right where the scene is taking place. So we give up our places wanting to get our friends out of whatever trouble they surely caused, but when we reach them Ron and Harry are oddly fine. However when my eyes land on the white ferret that Crabbe was trying to grab I instantly know who it is as my blue eyes meet his gray.

Mara help me!

I choke on a snort because his voice sounds so adorable as a ferret, and I quickly close my mind realizing what I was doing.

I'm not sure if I should laugh, leave and pretend I saw nothing, or yell at my now ferret brother; but I do the exact opposite. Instead I step forward ready to pick him up when Moody shoots me a single eyed glare, and before I can grab him he's dangling Draco in the air.

I drop my arms realizing I'll never grab him with Mad-eye putting him higher and higher with every passing second, so I step back hoping to blend in with the rest of the normal students as I see Professor McGonagall marching to us. "Professor Moody, what are you doing?"

"Teaching" Moody responds calmly with a shrug as he continues to focus on my ferret twin. "Teach... Is that a student?" She cries running into the crowd with her wand already pulled out. She doesn't even wait for Mad-eye to respond instead she simply transfigures Draco back to his normal self.

I pull him off the ground rather harshly snatching the newsletter from Ron's hands, and shoving it back in Draco's with a deadly glare. "Wait till father..."

"Draco shut up!" I hiss harshly ignoring all of the ooos and muffled whispers coming from around us as Mad-eye stalks closer to us. "Oh yes... I know your father, you tell him Moody's keeping an eye on you two... Now your head of house will be Snape will it?" He asks turning his attention back to Draco.

"And that's my cue to leave..." I mumble squeezing through the students until I accidentally run into Leah who's squeezed herself to the front to see what all the chaos is about. "Hey are you actually going to leave Cedric's side and eat with us?" I ask teasingly, but of course it goes right over her head and she starts stuttering trying to explain herself.

"I'm only joking" I laugh wrapping an arm around her shoulder, but I stop when Moody's mechanical eye zooms in on us looking just as shocked as everyone else when they see us acting like sisters. "I'll never understand why it's so weird for a Potter and a Malfoy to be friends" she laughs nonchalantly catching on to Mad-Eyes stare as well.

I focus my mind on Mad-eye specifically because something doesn't feel right, but it's like my mind is continuously running into a wall. Finally I pull away focusing on counting how many people are sitting at our table.

"By the way you never answered my question" I teased laughing as she tensed, but honestly she deserves it after all the torture she put me through last year with George. "I swear he's like a lost puppy that just won't go away, and I feel bad telling him to go because he is nice and I enjoy his company I just don't want him getting the wrong idea."

"Maybe you're over thinking it now let's go sit down Harry's been bouncing on his feet all day waiting for a chance to talk to you." She laughs tiredly as we sit down with the rest of our group. "Where's your boyfriend?" Ron asks accusingly, and I roll my eyes as I save a seat for George and Fred.

"One Cedric is not my boyfriend, and two I wanted to apologise..."

"Leah stop, I should be the one apologizing you were just trying to make me think clearly." Harry responds taking her hand in his from across the table, and I can't help but stare in envy at their interlocked hands. If only Draco and I could still have that relationship... If only he could talk to me in public without being a bloody git.

"I still can't believe Mad-eye turned Malfoy into a bouncing ferret... Sorry I know he's your brother, but finally he got what he deserved..." Ron somehow manages to gasp through chuckles most likely replaying the scene over and over. I shrug because he's honestly telling the truth Draco's always causing trouble then somehow he disappears before the blame can be placed on him, so it's about time he realized what it felt like to feel helpless.

"It's fine Ron I agree with you, but did anyone else notice the way Moody looked at me?" I ask a shiver running up my spine as his eyes flash through my memories again. "What do you mean?" Leah asks in confusion because obviously she wasn't there for that part. "I just don't think he likes me..."

"Well of course he doesn't the people in your own house don't, so why would an auror?" Katie Bell, a Gryffindor in George's year snaps smiling sweetly her friends Angelina and Alicia giggling quietly as my face falls.

ABCDEFG...

"Careful Mara, he already let one greasy Malfoy slip through his fingers I don't think he's going to take any chances this time."

HIJKLMNOP...

I keep going over the alphabet still keeping my exterior focused on the conversation while I distract my feelings not wanting to relive all the thoughts they've always had about me like I've had to do for the last three years.

"Why you little..." Ginny seethes not getting the chance to finish because Leah and I pull her down silencing her just as George, Fred, and Lee sit down. George gives me a small peck to the forehead before turning to Alicia and Katie since Angelina is to busy hanging on to every word that leaves Fred's mouth.

"Doesn't it bother you that he's so cordial with them" Leah mumbles not even trying to hide the fact that she's eyeing Fred. "Because it sure bothers me..."

"Nope he's allowed to be friends with whoever he wants" I state keeping my voice emotionless and firm a Malfoy trait I was happy to have picked up on. "Your options are you can tell him, or I can set them straight" Ginny joins in on our hushed conversation snarling at Alicia when she looks over at us.

"What are you three talking about?" George asks noticing how Alicia jumps at the tiny third years actions. "Professor Moody he turned Draco into a ferret" I improvise quickly knowing I'm in the clear when his concerned face breaks out into a smile as he tries to control his chuckles.

"That's bloody brilliant, we were just talking about how cool he is. Right guys?" Fred and Lee immediately perk up completely forgetting they're conversations with the girls much to their annoyance. Fred's face lights up like a Christmas tree when he sees that Leah is sitting with us, and I can't help but triumphantly smirk at Angelina because she sees it too.

"Super cool!"

"Beyond cool!

"We had him this afternoon" George explains and I chuckle as they continue to try and out do each other. "What was it like?" Harry asked both boys picking up on our conversation just as curious as everyone else.

"Never had a lesson like it..."

"He knows man..."

I roll my eyes playfully as the guys continue to emphasize each word all the fourth year boys on the edge of their seats. "Well I'm pretty sure he hates me..." I mumble to myself, but George hears me almost like he has a sixth sense that listens for when I put myself down.

"Love I highly doubt he hates you because it's impossible for anyone to hate you." He leans down kissing my temple like he did earlier, but this time his lips linger a little longer. Just as I'm starting to relax and lean into his touch he pulls away wrapping a gentle arm around my waist as he does so.

Still despite his words of comfort I feel like so many people still despise, fear, or hate me...