Chapter 1- New Tender Feelings

Sweeney looked at Nellie wrapped up warm in bed and could not help this fleeting attraction.He had had a little to drink, granted, and could not help himself when he snuck into her room. Was it just a fleeting attraction or would it carry on long after the gin he had consumed had worn off? He pondered this thought to himself.

'I will see how times wears on...I will not use her to fill my own heart with anything other than the grief I suffer so frequently.' He mused, repeating the thought several times as he soaked in some of the small room's features, and Mrs Lovett's peaceful frame lying in a state of slumber in front of him...

Her dress, corset and other undergarments were safely draped upon a dusty old chair, probably another one of Albert's.

He gradually unfolded the corner of the patterned duvet cover, causing Nellie to wake with a stir.

'Benjamin? Is that you?'

'No...it's Sweeney,You know never to call me that name again! 'He could not help this explosion..he had grown used to treating the innocent widow with absolute contempt, but now the panic in her wide eyes softened him, so he stepped back and did not continue.

'Ah yes...of course,I'm sorry love, hello Mr T.'She smiled a curious smile,yet distressed smile, wondering why Mr Todd was standing above her, with a guilty love in his eyes..maybe he needed to take his mind off all consuming thoughts about Lucy,Joanna and Judge Turpin.She didn't want to have angered him though, as was easy to do, so she slowly sat up and allowed him the chance to speak after the terrifying outburst. Mrs Lovett felt alarmingly embaressed,led there in her red silk nightgown,her dark make up smudged,red lipstick on her chin,and her curly hair more messy than usual.

Sweeney raised an eyebrow at seeing her face,noticing the undeniable affection in her eyes...why had he not seen this before? Or the beauty of her face? It had come ever so quickly.He must recover from the pain of losing  Lucy in order to led a new life as Sweeney Todd. He would still seek revenge on that foul judge..but his life would be renewed.He could suddenly see all that he was missing.

'Eleanor, I'

He regretted this almost instantly/ How he could he forget Lucy so easily? 

He couldn't.

The baker's  eyes lit up, as if she knew exactly the words he would utter,maybe he didn't need to say this after all.

Despite the shared,almost telepathically communicated thoughts,he continued into the silent air.

He caught a slight whiff of Nellie's perfume...Gillyflowers.With this came a stab of guilt at the way he had treated her.Not any more.

He continued with his thoughts. 'Let's just say,I have seen you in a remarkably different light.'

His mouth twitched awkwardly into an expression he was certainly not used to.It was a smile,tiny compared to the gigantic beam stretched upon Mrs Lovett's face, making her eyes shine like beautiful moons, perfectly contemplating her pale face, but a smile none the less.

The pair looked at each other for a short while,drinking in the features of their business partner.It was a strange and rather surreal moment, one that would hopefully be repeated with the light of passion.They wanted to hold the other in a loving embrace, and never let go.Sweeney didn't know whether he could do that yet. 

He felt the cool silver contained in his razor holster and slowly brought the beautifully engraved killing machine out, this one still with a slight crust of blood at the very tip.Nellie gasped in horror, her bright eyes widening. What would he do?