4. Lock and Key

Beginne am Anfang

Sometimes even more than himself.

After breakfast, Taehyung stood up and waited for Jeongguk to head out. It was uncommon for both of them, Jeongguk wondered if his brother was worried about something.

"Are you driving by yourself? "

"Yeah hyung, don't worry I'll be back soon!"

Taehyung looked ahead and mumbled,
"Hmm just come back alive and hired. Dinner will be in the oven. Goodbye."

"Bye hyung. Oh! You'd like to check out the newspaper today. Haha! I'll be going now, bye~ ", the tall boy skipped away cheerfully and disappeared on his Harley Davidson.
Taehyung stood in confusion with his hands in his pockets, "What's he talking about?"
He never checked the newspapers. Often it was Namjoon who read out headlines to him only if they were important, other than that the young politician didn't give a damn. But why was he so curious today?

**

"Wait a fucking second...t-that's me! "
Taehyung's forehead was creased into a million lines, he couldn't believe his eyes. His blood was boiling as he read each line that was written about him. The black haired man stomped towards his office with the newspaper clutched in his hand almost about to be ripped apart. His eyes were screaming murder. To say he was furious, was an understatement.

He was someone who was insulted day in and day out by the world, his profession made it normal. It wasn't odd for him to sometimes come across rude statements made against him, he was aware and learned to accept it.
But why was he burning with rage at the harmless comic illustration of all things?

"Namjoon! "

The tall man was watering the plants in the small garden adjacent to the office in his business suit. He tripped over his own feet as he scrambled into the office. Taehyung slammed the nearly ripped newspaper onto the table, as Namjoon's eyes widened with horror. Before Namjoon could risk letting out a chuckle at the extremely familiar illustration, he clutched a hand over his mouth. "Who is this? Wait...oh my god, Boss. Shit, please calm down, we can fix this."

Namjoon tried his best in calming down the young impulsive man. He has done it countless times before but when he read the article below the illustration, he began to doubt it. And his speculations were true. This article was indeed like salt rubbed on Taehyung's fresh wounds.

Taehyung set his jaw in a hard line,
"Namjoon, are you going to back up for me if I kill someone? "

"Of course not. I-I mean yes, uhh but there are better alternatives Tae. Just calm down, please. "

Taehyung raised both his hands up to his temples and started rubbing them. The sentences of the articles swirling in his head like a hurricane. His creased forehead and tensed shoulders felt more and more burdened as he let it out,
"Hmm you want me to calm down? This is what was written there - 'Is history repeating itself again? Is the young politician going to join his dad soon? So much rage over nothing? the man belongs in an asylum not the assembly. Is he even fit to be a man who can be powerful enough for a country equally as powerful?' Do you still want me to fucking calm down?! "

Namjoon grew silent, he knew Taehyung had a weak point for his family. He cared about his father even if his father didn't care enough for him.
"I'm done with their bullshit! Send me this person's address right now. "

Namjoon didn't expect Taehyung to react this quick though, "Boss what are you going to do? Don't tell me.."

"No questions Namjoon. I can tolerate only so much. Do as I say. Don't tell anyone, don't even try to follow me. I'm going to deal with this. Alone. "

Namjoon sighed, feeling defeated by the circumstances. He knew no one could stop Kim Taehyung now. But when he sent the address to Taehyung via mail, he noticed a familiarity with the details. His curiosity lead him to find a disturbing fact.

This particular address was exactly one of the many addresses that lay in front of him, one of the many suspected locations of Taehyung's lottery to win against his rival.

And soon Taehyung's best confidante was left with an unsettling feeling in his stomach.

**

The party had dragged on till way past midnight, and no matter how much Hoseok was hell bent on enjoying, his tiredness played spoilsport. A fifth yawn left his mouth as he giggled at Jimin's lame jokes.
Jimin tilted his head observing his best friend's tired eyes, "Hyung you look sleepy, I think we should leave."
The sleepy boy pouted in annoyance.
Hoseok didn't like this about the short man. He was too selfless, and to a fault. Hoseok wouldn't let his friend miss out, and so after a heated debate he finally persuades Jimin to stay at the party.
"Jimin-ah, you're not my babysitter. I'll be fine. And also don't be too late. "
The blonde man just sighed, as he waved his friend goodbye.

The midnight breeze felt soothing against Hoseok's milky skin as he whizzed past closed shops and familiar locales on his worn down bike. Hoseok loved this feeling, the feeling of being as free as a bird. He knew that the freedom he had in his life right now, was worth fighting for after all.

A breathtaking smile made way to his lips as he gazed up at the sky full of stars. The slightly chilly autumn breeze in his face, his hair flying carelessly in all directions, Hoseok loved this feeling. Today he finally got some words of praise and recognition. It was safe to say that the auburn haired boy felt giddy with happiness.
The dry leaves under his shoes rustled as he made his way across his wild unkept lawn. He fumbled around in his pockets suddenly getting worried for having his house keys or not. He sighed in relief as he found them in his right pocket. The day was almost perfect, and now all he needed was a good night's sleep.

But Hoseok hadn't expected to find the door of their house already ajar, awaiting his welcome.

________________________________________________ 

👀