All of the times Oliver had been there for Barry, yet he could not be there for him in the midst of his personal struggle. Not only was he not there, he shamed him for how he coped. Instead of asking why, he belittled and guilted.

Barry felt a tear roll down his face as swiped his phone off his desk. He dialed Oliver's number and took a deep breath as the line began to ring. He cleared his throat, feeling his vocal chords shake as he did so.

The ringing stopped, as did Barry's breathing.

"Hey." A voice came over the phone.

"Ollie, I-" Barry began, stopping as he choked up. He cleared his throat again. "I just wanted to apologize for barging in last night. I just got frustrated and. . ."

Oliver let out a breathy laugh before replying. "It's fine, Barry. I should have answered your calls."

"Well, you should've. But that's none of my business," Barry joked, a smile escaping his lips as he heard Oliver chuckle through the line. "You want to grab a bite to eat after you come in tonight? So we can catch up?"

"As long as you're picking me up from the airport. . ." Oliver quips.

"Alright but," Barry says. "It'll have to be the old fashioned way."

"Damnit, Barry." Oliver retorts. "A part of me wanted to be carried."

Barry feels his cheeks grow red, nervously laughing before he responds. "We'll see."

They say the usual farewells, both hanging up hesitantly. Barry returns to his desk chair. He leans it back as far as it can go, letting out a sigh of relief.

There still seemed to be something missing in Oliver's tone. Almost as if he had lost confidence. He still sounded defeated. Even while engaging in the usual banter with Barry, he still sounded out of it.

The conversation eased Barry's mind to an extent. It allowed him to be able to focus more on the work at hand. The worry was still present. Oliver was one of the most important people in his life. For him to be hurting enough to resort to drinking pained Barry. The thought stayed at the back of his mind.

Barry got through his day at the precinct, studying samples, reading up on files. There was a nervous sense of anticipation creeping up on him as the hours passed. He found himself glancing at the time on his phone as well as his notifications.

He awaited a text from Oliver saying he had landed. The nerves sat in as the text would arrive at anytime now, as would Oliver. And when the phone buzzed, Barry immediately went to take it from the desk.

Just landed. Give me about twenty minutes.

He stood up from his seat, quickly grabbed his belongings, and sped out of his lab. He made a stop at he and Iris' loft, walking through the door to see Felicity and Iris drinking wine on the couch.

Iris rose from the couch to embrace Barry and lightly peck him on the lips. She places her fingers in between his shoulder and neck and began to massage it. "You feel tense, Bear."

He glanced at the time on his phone before sliding it in his pocket. "I'm meeting Ollie in a few. Just in a time crunch."

"I didn't know speedsters could have issues with time," Felicity teased from a distance, taking a sip from her glass.

"We do when we have to drive across town," Barry quipped back. He took a pair of keys from the kitchen counter, walking towards the door. Iris grabbed his hand before he left, pulling him in for another quick kiss. They said a rushed and quiet 'I love you' before Barry walked out the door.