Tuesday, September 17: Lunchroom Disaster

I walked into the lunchroom holding my lunch box.  As I headed over to my table I heard a scream come from across the room.  When I turned my head I saw a girl lying on the floor with spaghetti and cherry jubilee covering her face and clothes.  I couldn't hold in the gasp that escapped my motuh as the whole lunch room erupted into laughter.  For a moment I just watched in horror as she looked around in misery.  As I started to walk over to her I heard Mackenzie yell very loudly, "SO, NIKKI, ARE YOU HAVING A NICE TRIP?!"  As I got a closer look I saw that it was Nikki.  By the time I reached her, she was crying her eyes out.

        I smiled gently at her as I bent down and moved my camera that hung from my neck away from her face.  I rached down and gently took her hand and pulled her of the floor.  As I did so, I could feel a million butterflies rushing through my body.  "You... okay?"  I asked gently.  She made a weird sound in her throat and took a deep breath, "Sure. I'm okay.  I had spaghetti for dinner yesterday but it wasn't nearly this slippery!"  She said and cringed.  I smiled though.  Nikki really knew how to lighten a situation.  I quickly grabbed a napkin that lie on the table next to me and handed it to her.  As I did so I noticed our hands touch and blushed  as we looked into each other's eyes.

        Then I said probably the weirdest thing ever, "Um... I think you have... something on you face?"  I cringed inwardly at that statement.  I noticed a small bluch on her face.  "Probably my lunch..." she said quietly.  "Yeah, probably..." I replied shyly. We stared at each other for a moment bluching and smiling.  Why does she have to be so beautiful?

Suddenly the lunch monitor, Mr.Snodgrass came over and started cleaning the mess and lecturing Nikki about her responsibility to keep her food on her tray at all times.  I rolled my eyes at him and smiled at Nikki again.  "I guess I'll see you in biology," I said.

She nodded smiling, "Yeah.. okay. And thanks. You know, for the napkin," she replied blushing

I chuckled and nodded, "Hey, no prob."

"Actually, we have napkins just like this at home.  My mom got them on sale.  At Wal-Mart..."

I really didn't know what to say as I blushed and nodded for probably the twentieth time that conversation.

"Oh, that's, um... cool.  Well, later."

"Sure, see ya, in bio,"

I leaned down and picked up my backpack and left the lunch room.

I sighed when I made it out of the lunch room.  That was probably the most awkward conversation in the history of awkward conversations.  But I'm kind of glad that I talked to her and helped her.

And those butterflies....

I have a crush

On Nikki Maxwell

-----------------------------------

BAM

FIRST CHAPTER DONE

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED

I KNOW IT'S KIND OF SLOW BUT I HAD TO DO THIS ONE 

IT WILL GET BETTER AS IT PROGRESSES AS I'M DOING IT IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER :D