No remedy to memory

Start from the beginning

"Can he stop being so perfect?" Millie sighed, biting her lips excitedly.

She shook her head, a wide smile was appearing on her soft rosy lips and her heart was just screaming how much she loved him. How can he be so... Finn?

A little paper was stuck on the roses; she read the words out loud. The calligraphy was still horrible.

"I hate conventional festivities. But I do know you are a princess and, I can bet my ass, you looked forward to this. So, enjoy these things, brat. I chose them personally for you. Wish you were here with me.
Happy Valentine's Day, baby doll.
Finn
P.S. Look carefully what there is inside the basket. I'd love to see your expression..."

She smiled shyly, feeling her heart fluttering and a little bit happier than before. He always knew how to make her feel beautiful and overwhelming sensations.

If she had to be weirded out about the fact someone literally irrupted in her bedroom to make all of this, she just thought that Finn's world was just like that.

She carefully emptied the basket before something caught her eyes.

Oh no. It was a pink and black striped package. She recognized it.
Victoria's Secret.

"Stupid moron." Her bronze eyes was speaking for her, and they were embarrassed as hell.

She carefully untied the black satin bow from the box and with a hint of hesitation she looked at what there was inside. A light shy giggle resounded in those blue walls.

It was... ironical to say the last. Because gifting her with a white laced bridal garter with a pink bow on it was hilarious. She wasn't the bride, for sure. But she would love to be it.

"I will never ever wear this. Nu-uh. Stupid idiot." she replied firmly, crossing her arms and throwing it on the mattress.

She looked at it again.

"Don't even think about it, Millie."

It was so pretty, though. Colorful and delicate. She really didn't know how could she wear it without feeling ashamed of herself.

But she was happy anyway. Because he made her always laugh with his stupidity.

Yes, Finn Wolfhard was like that.
And he never failed to make her feel special.

She sighed bitterly.

"Man, this jet-lag is destroying me." David said as he yawned, while taking a picture of the Eiffel Tour and keeping blinking.

"I know dad, but we need to see everything we can!" she exploded enthusiastically, while posing for the picture, smiling.

"Perfect." David whispered sweetly after taking the picture, feeling relieved as ever before. The debt was gone. Millie paid the price of her freedom letting go the man she loved.

The man she loved.

He couldn't believe it. After all those months, he couldn't seriously believe how could an angel like his daughter fall in love with him. He still remembered the way he treated him, the nasty and horrible words he said in that office almost an year before.

Nevertheless, Millie was in love with that beast; and the more he looked at her, the more he could simply notice that something inside of her was broken, and there was no remedy to memory. She simply was trying to move on, smiling and laughing, feeling free as a bird which was finally out of its golden cage.