Chapter 14 - Aftermath

Start from the beginning

I brushed past him only to hear something being said under his breath. It sounded like yeah go run back to your damsel.

Riley was standing in the doorway with my duvet wrapped around her body. "I fell like I got hit by a bus"

I chuckled. 'Good morning Miss." I faked my best english accent There is a breakfast platter ready for you downstairs. Scrambled egg and-"

She held her stomach and slapped my arm. "Don't talk about food, asshole"

I faked a hurt expression and laughed. I had my fair share of hangovers. You wake up and nothing sounds appetizing, light and sounds are your enemy.

"You should lay down." I said "I'll get you some asprin"

Surprisingly she didn't protest. Once I was back with her asprin she was curled up with one of my pillows aganist her chest. She egerly took the bottle of water and the two pills from my hand.

"Mike?" she said

"yeah?"

She looked at me like she was choosing her words carefully. "What happened last night? How did I get here? I don't remember you being at the party"

That was a hard question to answer, considering I didn't know much of what happened. All I know is she called me crying and I found her passed out on a sidewalk. "You called me from the party. I found you and brought you here."

She blinked and I studied her eyes. I never had really been one to like brown eyes, but hers were different. A lighter shade of brown, when the light caught them just right, they were absolutely gorgous.

"I called you?"

I nodded "You were crying. Something happened with Adam and Carly."

Riley

I stared at Michael and tried to remember the events from the night before. Bits and pieces came into my mind. Adam kissing someone, beer, shots, a bathroom with Adam, and then being carried by Michael. I don't remember fighting with anyone, but i can guess I probably fought with Adam about the kiss.

"I didn't tell you last night?" I asked.

He shook his head and handed the bottled water back to me. Indicating that I should drink more. I always thought it was a myth that water helped a hangover. "No. You said you were tired last night so I just let you sleep"

I racked my brain, trying to think of what could have possibly happened when my phone started ringing. I looked around the room as Michael stood and picked it up from his dresser. "It's Adam" he said and threw me the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey baby girl." the moment I heard his voice memories from the night before flooded into my mind. "Did you make it home okay? I'm so sorry about the fight I-"

"I'm fine" i replied cooly

I could feel my body start to shake as I remembered the way I felt last night. His trail of sloppy kisses down my body. The way he overpowered me and took advantage of me. Michael made eye contact with me. His eyes filled with concern, as my distress was no secret at the moment.

"I hope you can forgive me." Adam said "Maybe we can get together later and talk."

"I don't know if I can do that" What kind of boyfriend forces himself onto their girlfriend? That is scary. "I need some time to think, Adam"

He sighed "Please, baby girl. I love you so much."

The tears were swelling in my eyes. Are you okay? Michael mouthed at me. No I mouthed back.

"I'll call you after my trip, Adam. I need to go"

He muttered a goodbye and a string of bullshit apologies. I never thought I would be one of those girls clinging to an abusive boyfriend. I didn't want to not be with Adam. That was the sad part. I care about him and I actually think I love him. Unfortunately, after last night I need time to reconsider. 

Michael rushed to my side as soon as I ended the call with Adam. "Your trip?"

I nodded, Adam and I were on a break now. He couldn't stop me. "If you're okay with it. I want to go to L.A"

"But Adam-"

"Screw Adam" I said, shocking myself and Michael. It actually felt good to say. "So how about that code word? I was thinking eggplant"

He smiled and nodded. 

The next two days were weird. I was horrible at going on trips and I had never been on a plane before. My anxiety levels were throught the roof. Everyone kept telling me I was going to be fine, but I had trouble believeing them. 

"What if it's like lost!" I told my mom

"You're flying from Ohio to California. Not Australia to the U.S." she chuckled. 

She was right! But what if aliens took over the plane and landed it outside of area 51 so they could go rescue their friends! Then took us back to their home planet for probing? I told Michael that theory and he laughed for a good twenty minutes. Good to know everyone was having a laugh at my expense. 

A/N: Filler oops. You'll enjoy the next chapter... ;)