Chapter 2 - Surprises and Beginnings

Ch. 2

I woke up groggily and stumbled into my bathroom. I had a long shower and washed away the fog that was clinging to my brain. I was in for a big day and I had so much to do. I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed, better to start now than ever. I swung my hair into a knot and threw on some trackies and a tee. I walked into my closet and scanned my options. I had no idea what to wear. Just then my phone buzzed with a text. I bolted into my room and vaulted over my bed, snatching my phone up from my bed side table. I squealed with joy when I saw it was from an unknown number. It's Liam, it's gotta be!

From: Unknown

Hey lovely! Hope I didn't wake u up. I needed to hear from u 'cause u were running through my mind all night! Is tonight still on? Liam x

I quickly typed up a reply whilst biting the inside of my cheek. Liam Payne was actually texting me!

To: Liam

Hii! No no, I was already up. Ahh, then that explains why my legs were hurting when I got up this morning ;) Yes, of course! Just a quick question, is it casual or formal? Cat xx

From: Liam

Haa, that's a good one! You can come in formal dress if you'd like, but you'd look good on anything ;) c u tonight! I'll come pick u up at 7:00 x

With new founded hope for my outfit, I sprung up and ran back to my wardrobe. I picked out a black number and set it on my bed. The dress dropped just above my knees and was long sleeved. The lace top had a round neckline and a stooping back. There was a belt just under the bust and the fabric from them on flowed. I matched it with a pair of black leather Tony Bianco stilettos and broke up the black with a cream jacket. With my outfit out of the way I had the rest of the day to kill, and what better way to spend it that doing some shopping to fill my fridge? I swapped my pants for some jeans, picked up my wedges from last night and headed out.

After my big shopping trip I made my way home but not soon after, my bag handles broke and my shopping rolled away around me. I scrambled to pick up all the runaways and as I reached to grab a loaf of bread another hand picked it up instead. I followed the hi-tops up to their owner and almost had a heart attack when I noticed who it was. Niall Horan!

I couldn't believe that I had met TWO former One Direction members within two days! His stunning blue eyes smiled down at me and his hair had grown out, becoming a dark brown. "You look like you could use some help." He offered his hand to me and helped me up. As I got to my feet I stumbled and Niall grabbed my shoulder, steadying me. "We don't want you to hurt yourself now, do we?" he laughed. He was only a tiny bit taller than me, but this was considering that I was wearing wedges. I only came up to his brow whereas, with the same shoes, I came up to Liam's chin. "I'm Niall." Well this sounded awfully familiar. "Catherine." I replied. He helped me pack my groceries in their bags.

"Do you need help taking these to your car?" he asked in his cute Irish accent, making my knees feel like jelly. "Ahh, well actually I don't have a car. The airport didn't have any small cars that fit my description so I figured I could brave it and just walk instead. I need to work off a few anyway." I replied with a nervous smile. "That's no problem, I'll help you carry it back to your house." he stated with an armful of bags. By the time we had arrived at my apartment, my sides were splitting and there were tears of laughter in my eyes. I pushed the door open and both Niall and I dumped our bags on the table top. We went back over to the door and Niall stepped outside. "Well it was lovely meeting you." he said with a smile. "You too. Thanks for the laugh!" I replied. He winked and went on his way downstairs.

I shut the door and smiled to myself. Niall was such a nice guy and was so different from Liam. Where Liam was quiet and nice, Niall was loud and funny. Niall was more like a brotherly type whereas Liam was more...wait!