James x Reader

The boarding school was always like a home for Y/N. Louis was one of your closest friends at Ericson. Violet was one of your closest friends also but you barely talked. Today Y/N went out into the courtyard and saw Omar making breakfast. Y/N sat down at one of the picnic table and started writing in their journal. You wrote about the if you'd every find the love of your life, of course you had Louis and Violet but they weren't your type.

[5 minutes later]

Marlon came up to Y/N and Y/N quickly shut their journal quickly and looked over at him. "Y-yes?" Y/N said embarrassed. "After you eat uh we're kinda running low on wood. We also need more spears since some asshole's stole the only 4 we had left." He said putting his hand on his forehead. "Hey it'll be okay is there anything I can do?" Y/N said putting their hand on his shoulder. "Yeah I know." He said calming his voice and looking over at the others and back down. "Thank you Y/N. By the way make sure you take someone with you!" He said walking away. Y/N nodded and got up and walked back into the dorm halls.

[A few minutes later]

Everyone in the boarding school eats and Y/N and Louis are sitting together at the picnic table with Violet and Ruby. "So Louis, Marlon said he needed help with getting wood so we can build spears since people stole ours so I was wondering if you'd like to come with me?" Y/N said smiling. "Sure Y/N wouldn't want you to be alone out there anyway." He said smiling back. "Meet me at the gate in 10?" Y/N said getting up. "Yeah. Let me just get chairles and I'll cya soon" He said getting up heading into the building.

[10 minutes later]

Y/N grabbed their ax from under the picnic table and headed to the front gate waving at Louis.

"Ready to go?" Louis said putting chairles onto his shoulder. "Ready for anything." Y/N said opening the gate. Louis closed the gate and they made their way into the open world. Y/N and Louis go out and get wood off of 3 different trees which took about 30 minutes.They started to walk back with large sticks in their hands.

[15 minutes later]

As they both started walking they heard sounds creep from the trees behind them. Y/N got a little frightened but kept walking. A few moments later walkers started coming closer. Y/N and Louis started to run away. Y/N tripped over a rock, Louis didn't hear and he kept running back to the boarding school with the leftover wood he hadn't dropped. Y/N had twisted their ankle as they dropped the wood. Y/N groaned in pain and attempted to get up and succeeded, they grabbed the ax off of the ground and killed off at least three walked before falling screaming quietly in pain. Y/N whimpered in pain as the walkers surrounded them. Suddenly they passed out

[Idk how much time later lmao]

Y/N woke up to a burst of flames in their eyes. Y/N screamed but it stopped as a hand was laid over their face. "Stop. Too loud." ??? said. Y/N looked down at their leg in shock. "My leg it's bandaged and it doesn't hurt as much" Y/N said to their self. Y/N then seconds later looked at ??? who take their hand off their face and looking to the side. "W-who are you and where am I?" Y/N said to ???. "James. It's James. We're at my camp, it's just me no one else is with me." James said taking their mask off. Y/N stared at him for a few seconds and looked off to the side. "What the hell were you wearing. I-is that human skin?" Y/N stuttered. James looked at Y/N and laughed a little "It's walker skin. I used to be apart of a group. Called themselves 'Whisperers' they've learned to live in herds, among walkers. Move them. Sometimes, guide them." James said to Y/N. "T-thank you for saving me.' Y/N said looking down. "You're welcome." James said smiling at Y/N. "why are you alone if you were apart of a group?" Y/N questioned. "They attacked a community. I saw their carnage. Didn't want to be apart of it." He said softly. Y/N sat up a little and groaned their ankle wasn't fully healed yet. James look over to Y/N again but offering them a apple. "Eat. You'll need it." James said.

Y/N looked at the apple. There was complete silence from the air just the flames from the campfire and the rain. Y/N accepted the apple and broke it in half "I'll only accept it if you eat some too, you've helped me so much already." Y/N said smiling. James shook his head. "Please." Y/N said staring him in the eyes. James sighed and took the half of the apple and started to eat it while Y/N did the same. "I'm sorry. I didn't want to push you I ju-" Y/N said but stopped as James put their hand on theirs. "It's okay I get it" James said smiling. Y/N kinda blushed. James took his hand off and continued eating. "Where are you from?" James said to Y/N finishing the half of the apple. "Y/S. Seemed like such a long time ago." Y/N said. "It was." James said. "Where are YOU from?" Y/N said trying to keep the conversation less awkward. "Washington." James replied. "The city or the state?" Y/N said. "The city. Dad ran a food truck, I helped." James said looking down smiling. Y/N smiled too.

Y/N stared at the flames for what felt like hours. Minutes later Y/N yawned "Get some sleep you need it." James said. "What about you?" Y/N said. "Don't need it." James said using the stick to keep the fire going. Y/N nodded and slowly fell asleep.

[2 hours later]

In the middle of the night Y/N started to shiver. James was playing with his gloves and then he looked over at Y/N and frowned. He sat by Y/N so they could be warm and he held their hand as they saw Y/N smiling. The rest of the night it stayed this way. Just Y/N and James.

To be continued.

1129 words. Damn I went in. I really like James oof. I hope you like this.