Chapter 3: Boxers, Briefs, and Biology-Oh My!

Bắt đầu từ đầu

I was speechless and he smirked. That's another thing all these guys have in common: smirks. "Then I'm glad you were selfish."

"What? No slap?"

He was expecting a slap? "Why would I slap you?"

He shrugged. "Girls usually slap me. I figured you were no different."

"That's where you're wrong, buddy. Unlike the others, I don't have the urge to sleep with you. And how many people have you saved from rape?"

"One, including you."

"So just me?"

"Pretty and smart. Now let's get out of here." I didn't move, but instead stared at my rapist bleeding on the ground. "I'll have someone get him."

I sighed and followed him out the door, walking down the endless hallway. "So how did you find me anyway?"

He rubbed the back of his neck. "I-uh-fell asleep in the bedroom across the hall."

"Had a girl with you?" I guessed.

He smiled sheepishly. "Maybe..."

The site of Tyler Bradshaw, the cool bad boy, nervous made me burst into a fit of laughter. He was usually so chill about everything. He looked at me as if I had grown another head. I bit my lip to keep from giggling. "What?" I asked innocently.

He shook his head, chuckling. "Nothing."

Wait...if he was in the bedroom across from the one I was in, why didn't he hear me screaming? "So did you hear my screams before I was raped or...?"
"Number one, you weren't raped. I saved you before that could happen. And I heard a couple, but I thought they were moans and I didn't want to interrupt...and I was a little busy at the time. But I came when you shrieked for help. Doesn't that count?"

"Trying to get points in my book, huh?"

"Yup, pretty much."

"Well, you lost a couple for sleeping with a girl."

He shrugged again. "I have urges that need to be fulfilled."

I laughed again. The way he said it like he didn't care if he was the winner was hilarious. The funny thing was that he didn't even try to make me laugh. But I bet if he did, it would be a horrible attempt and end badly.

"What's so funny? Do I have something on my face? Is it another one of Lisa's lipstick stains? Because if it is-"

I shook my head in disapproval. "More docked points...but it's a good thing that you earned a lot for saving me."

"I do what I can. I am a superhero after all."

And her comes the laughter...he really did think I was crazy. It probably would be much of a shock, seeing as I asked a drunk guy for help. Tyler was making me feel weird, all girly and stuff. I didn't like it. I was acting like another moron from my school and it needed to stop. But then again, I was supposed to make him fall for me, which would be a lot of hard work. I don't think Tyler fell in love easily. He was going to be a challenge. I couldn't get sucked into his bad-boy aura, no way, no how.

I began to hear the thumping of music again. Luke spotted me and made his way over. He eyed Tyler with a look of disgust on his face and then settled on me. His eyes widened when he saw I wasn't wearing my original clothes, but a bed sheet. I knew what he was thinking; any sane person would assume it. My hair was disheveled, my makeup was smudged up, and Tyler was by my side, probably reeking of sex.

"Why is he with you?" Luke demanded.

No 'where have you been' or 'are you okay'? That was unlike him. It was almost as if he were jealous, but I shook that thought away quickly. There was no way he was jealous. He didn't see me like that. "Thanks again, Tyler."