Ch.1 Yer a dragon...wait, what?

Mulai dari awal

"How did this happen?" Harry murmured.

Tentatively he rubbed at his eyes as if that could somehow return the color to his much more normal green. Unfortunately it didn't.

The adults all exchanged looks. They obviously had no explanation of the matter either.

"Poppy why don't you give Harry every test you can think of. There must be some explanation for this sudden change," Dumbledore suggested.

With no other options Madam Pomfrey did just that. The professors left Harry in Madam Pomfrey's capable hands. Over the next hour she conducted every test she knew from her medi-witch training. She couldn't find a single thing wrong with him. Except of course that his temperature, though stabilized, was far above normal, and his eyes were now a different color. In fact her scans showed that he was in perfect health, more than perfect health if such a thing was possible. His reflexes were faster than before, he was stronger than was strictly normal for a human, and his eyesight was better than before. Despite being blasted with dragon fire he didn't have a mark on him.

Madam Pomfrey kept him in the hospital wing overnight just in case his condition changed. No one was allowed to visit him either. They had all agreed it was better if no one found out about the change in his eyes. It would be all Harry needed to have Rita Skeeter write an article about this. But the ban couldn't stop his friends. Later that night Hermione and Ron, to Harry's surprise, appeared in the hospital wing having used his invisibility cloak to sneak in while Madam Pomfrey had gone off to discuss the results of his condition with the other professors, and the tournament officials. They had to decide how to proceed considering that Harry didn't actually complete the First Task. Harry hoped that he would be disqualified for failing to retrieve the egg.

"Harry! You're all right?" Hermione had tears in her eyes as she gazed at him. She looked like she wanted to hug him but she was afraid she might hurt him.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Harry shrugged, glancing at Ron.

The red head had hung back while Hermione had rushed to greet him.

"We thought for certain you had...that you were seriously hurt," Hermione worried, looking him over closely for burns.

Neither had noticed the change in his eyes yet. Mostly because Hermione was too busy looking him over and Ron was still standing awkwardly in the doorway.

"I'm not hurt. They don't know how I survived yet, but I'm not burned at all," Harry reassured her.

"That's good that you're all right. Although, it is a bit strange and worrying not knowing how you survived," Hermione murmured finally looking up to his face.

"Tell me about it," Harry agreed.

Hermione's eyes had widened comically. She'd finally caught sight of his eyes.

"I'm glad you're all right, mate," Ron spoke up.

"So we're mates again?" Harry questioned, ignoring Hermione's stare.

"I figured anyone who willingly put their name in that goblet would have to be crazy. I know you're not that crazy, Harry, and I'm sorry I ever thought you'd willingly put yourself into trouble like that. You could have died today, and I've been a prat. I'll try not to be such a big idiot again," Ron shrugged, looking uncomfortable.

"Apology accepted," Harry nodded, happy to have his best friend back.

Ron grinned in relief and finally approached his bedside.

"Harry, what happened to your eyes?" Hermione finally cut in.

"Bloody hell, mate," Ron gasped as he caught his first look.