1:: Rainy Days and Bright Pink Umbrellas

Start from the beginning

"Well, first off; I have already been diagnosed with a cold. Second, I live literally three houses down." I told him. My finger pointed to my house, right down the street.

"That's pure luck. Jeez Eric, you've gotten lucky." He muttered to himself. I tilted my head, staring at him with a questioning look. "I seem to have gotten lucky. A pretty girl lives down the street from me." He elaborated.

I nodded, completely missing the whole 'pretty girl' part. Until about a minute later, when I finally registered it. I blushed furiously and looked away. "I'm- I'm not t-that pretty."

"Well, I think you are. Let's get you home before you get an even worse cold." He turned and started walking, taking the umbrella with him. I hurried up next to him, under the hot pink umbrella.

I turned to him and asked, "It's hot pink?"

And he replied, "It's hot pink."

Then we arrived at my front door. The awning covered us, so the bright pink umbrella went down. "Well, here we are then?" He said.

"Yep. Here we are." I replied.

" Well, I should get home before I'm missed." He nodded, rather awkwardly. I returned the nod, with the same level of awkwardness.

"Okay. I guess I'll see you around, then." I told him.

"Yeah, see you. Bye." He waved behind him as he started walking back to his house with his hot pink umbrella.

"Bye." I said softly and turned to go into the house.

~~~~

I was greeted with the smell of fresh cookies and cough syrup. "I'm home!" I called through the house. Sounds came from the kitchen and my brother emerged, wrapped in a blanket. "Hey short-stuff. You feeling any better?" Matt's nose was still red but he looked way better than when I left this morning.

"My stomach still hurts. But I feel great!" He exclaimed.

I laughed and ruffled his hair. "Well, that's good."

"Hey! I just fixed my hair!" He said, whacking my hand away and re-fixing his hair.

Just then, the doorbell rang. I was expecting a neighbor or the guy from earlier. I never got his name. So, when I opened the door, I was surprised me to see Mia standing there, her face drenched with tears and rainwater. "Mia! What's wrong?" I looked all over expecting to see something broken or bleeding, but saw nothing.

"Addy, I have to tell you something. I just found out and I-" She broke off, sobbing. I tried to get her to come inside but she refused. "Can we talk out here?"

I nodded and closed the door. "What happened? Were you with Andrey? Did he do something? I swear I'll kill him if he did." She shook her head and put her hand on my shoulder.

"No, it wasn't Andrey. I- I just came back from the doctor's...."

~~~~

One month later:

"Spring Break, finally. I can't wait to go to Spokane. Can you? Just imagine all of the cool buildings we'll see, and the mall,- ooh and the cute boys." I giggled at that. "And I know you plan on getting ranked first. And the food, and the general crowded-ness of the city. Aaah, I'm so excited." I was walking home from the last day of school for the next week-and-a-half and Skype-ing Amelia.

Mia nodded over the video chat. "Just one more day and I'll get out of here and we'll be on our way to the city." She sounded so excited.

"Yeah. It'll be nice to get away from everything and just relax." I sighed in contempt.

She scoffed, "Relaxing? I've been stuck in this hospital bed for a month. I've had plenty relaxation."

"Good point. Well, not relaxing means first rank so, it's a win-win!" We laughed, and for a minute it seemed just like old times. I know Mia's been wanting to get out of the hospital. She's had a hard time, with the heart disease.

Just then, I ran into a wall. A very soft wall. "Woah, you okay?"

I looked up only to see pink-umbrella-guy standing right in front of me. "S-sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going." I apologized.

He shook his head. "No big deal."

Just then, Mia decided to interrupt with, "Adelaide Tramm! Are you talking to a guy?!" I blushed furiously and looked down.

I held the phone closer to my face and murmured, "Mia, shut up. I'll call you back."

But before I hung up, she yelled as loud as she could, "YOU BETTER TELL ME ALL THE DETAILS, MISSY." And I blushed even more.

"I-I'm sorry. She's not normally that..... loud." I said sheepishly.

"No harm done, although I may need a new eardrum now." He chuckled. A small smile broke out on my face. "Maybe, before you tell your friend 'all the details', you'd want to hang out?"

"I- That- that would be really nice." I told him, watching the smile grow on his face.

"Great."

~~~~

Hello, this is my first book here on Wattpad, actually it's my first book anywhere. But, I hope it's good. I am new at writing, and I apologize for any mistakes. I do not know when I will be able to update this story because, school is starting in a week and a half and I am a freshman this year- Yay high school!- so I will not have that much time these first weeks. I apologize for that also.

If you enjoy this, please follow me, because I am hoping to write another book here soon. Don't know when exactly though.

This whole story is dedicated to Rachel_Anne1 because she is my BFF in real life and this story and she helped me decide to write this and she helped with the editing. And also, she would so totally yell at me for talking to a guy. So thanks Rach!

Also, Rachel seems to be obsessed with DW so that explains the whole 'Karen Gillan as Amelia Pond' thing. c: