Prologue: Immortals At The Magpie Bridge

Start from the beginning

Right after the royal decree passed to him, Wang Jian was informed by a certain high immortal that Mowang had already stepped his feet into the mortal realms and created a riot. He made two countries ended up in a great war and spread an incurable plague throughout the mortal realms. Hearing the news, the young Crown Prince was enraged. He then immediately descended to the mortal realms and hunted down the Demon King.

Initially, Wang Jian was quite troubled in finding Mowang and his demon minions. After all, he was still young and inexperienced while Mowang was a high-leveled ancient demon with great cultivation and energy. Disguising himself as a mere mortal and staying in the human world without knowing was no sweat for Mowang.

However, after a few days of meditation and expanding his power, Wang Jian proved that he indeed deserves the title of Crown Prince of the Heavenly Kingdom. He finally succeeded to tear down Mowang's disguise, dragged him to the dense forest far away from the city, and confronted him head to head.

But, Mowang was indeed an evil and cunning creature. When he nearly lost, he threatened the Crown Prince with the mortal's life. And when the Crown Prince was off guard, with the last power in his body, Mowang launched his attack abruptly and quickly vanished from that place with the help of his legion.

After the sudden attack, Wang Jian was badly injured. He even didn't have the energy to lift his fingers, let alone heal himself and chase that damned Demon King. He could only lie down helplessly on the cold ground as soreness covered his whole body. He himself even realized that his consciousness was slowly fading away, as though his soul was slowly drifting away from his body.

Yet, right when Wang Jian thought that his soul would soon disappear into nothingness, a certain sweet voice dragged his consciousness back. A mellifluous, smooth voice that able to reach his untouchable cold heart.

"Young Master, can you hear me?" That was the first sentence that landed on Jian's ears. "Young Master, you're badly injured. I and Father will treat your wounds and take you to the nearest city. Please bear with the pain a little bit longer."

And, when Wang Jian slowly regained his consciousness inside the horse carriage, that voice soothe his troubled heart once again, "Young Master please don't give up. We have nearly reached the city's gate."

It was a simple encouragement sentence, yet it managed to engrave in his heart.

After he was healed, Wang Jian could finally grasp the information about the young maiden who saved his life. She was Yue Shen, a warm and lively girl who was born in a reputable merchant family. After the death of her mother, Yue Shen was raised by his Father and his uncle. The trio always travels from one city to another to do their business, selling high-quality silks, jewelry, and accessories. When Yue Shen found his body, her entourage just so happened to be passing by the forest after a business trade in Chang'an. They intend to return to the Capital City, Luoyang and open a permanent store there. After Yue Shen helped Jian, they took him to Yue manor, gave him the best medication to recuperate, and treated him like a family.

Day by day, Wang Jian attachment to Yue Shen and her family grew stronger. He realized that each second, his feeling for the girl was getting deeper. Jian didn't know when exactly those feelings grew and rooted in his heart. Maybe when he heard her sweet voice back then, or maybe when he saw the smile that as gentle as jade on her exquisite features after his long coma. Wang Jian was never sure about that.

However, he was more than certain that Yue Shen made him fall head over heels. Never in his lifetime did Jian feel that he needed a woman at his side. He thought that as he was a Crown Prince of the Heavenly Kingdom who has a golden immortality, he would never need a woman or a wife to accompany him. But, now, after he met the lively Yue Shen, for the first time in his lifetime Wang Jian felt the torturing sensation of fear. He was afraid to part with this girl, he was afraid to lose her, and he was afraid to face his interminable lifetime alone, without her presence.