Chapter 12: Seasons Greetings and Surprises

Start from the beginning

"You have a funny way of showing it." Gil muttered. "You never protected me from Dad. Harry and Uma were always the ones dragging me out of the alley and patching me up. You were never around!" The twins looked at each other with solem expressions before turning back to Gil. "We did what we had to do to survive. With Dad, it was always better to stay out of the house. I'm sorry we didn't protect you little brother, but that doesn't mean we don't love you." Tony explained.

The fire in Gil's eyes grew. "If that's your way of trying to make amends, you're 16 years too late." He spat. "I'm getting out of here and from now on, I have no brothers." Gil stormed out of the room leaving the twins alone. However, it was then that they noticed Quinn standing in the doorway.

"Who are you?" Gus asked. Quinn didn't even bother signing, knowing they most likely would not understand. Instead, she grabbed a notepad and pen from a nearby table and wrote a note before handing it to the boys. "Hi I'm Quinn, Gil's girlfriend. I don't talk so I'll write down what I want to say. I'm sorry Gil stormed out."

Tony grinned as he looked at Quinn. "Wow our little brother isn't so little anymore. He's got himself a girlfriend." Gus nodded. "Yeah, and don't be sorry Quinn. He's right, we've been terrible big brothers." She nodded as she jotted something down. "Maybe you were, but you're trying now and that's what matters." Tony sighed. "Yeah I just hope he forgives us." Gus wrapped an arm around his brother's shoulder and grabbed a box from behind him with another. "Could you give this to Gil? We were going to but he took off. It's some stuff we've hung onto over the years, to show him how much we care." Quinn nodded as she wrote. "Of course, I'll make sure he gets it."

🌟

Quinn knocked on the door to Gil's dorm, shuffling the box around in her arms. The Gaston twins had escorted her out before heading to the ballroom to join the others. The door opened and Gil peeked out, his eyes widening when he saw Quinn. "Oh man, Quinn I'm so sorry. I completely abandoned you with my brothers. I'm an idiot. A big, big idiot." Gil rambled as he held his head in his hands.

She rolled her eyes and pressed a quick kiss to his cheek, immediately causing him to freeze. Once he was looking at her she began to sign. "You are not an idiot and I am not mad. Quit being a dork." Gil grinned as he let her inside. "But I'm your dork and you love me." he retorted. Quinn smirked as she sat the box on his bed. "True. But I could change my mind." He pouted as he walked over and wrapped his arms around her waist as he sat down, pulling her into his lap. "You wouldn't."

Quinn sighed as she moved from his lap to sit next to him on the bed. "Your brothers sent a gift. You should open it." He glared at the box as she gestured to it. "They can't buy my forgiveness." He muttered. Quinn huffed as she plucked him in the forehead. "Ow!" Gil whined. "What was that for?" She gave him a cross look. "For being stubborn. Open the box." He groaned as he picked up the box. Fine, I'll open it. Happy?" Gwen smirked triumphantly as she watched him open the box.

Gil opened the box expecting to find some expensive gift. Instead, he found a collection of items that were very familiar. He started by pulling out a stack of handmade birthday cards, ones he had made as a child for his brothers. Next, Gil pulled out a pile of drawings he done as a kid and a soft, blue blanket. However, as he held the blanket he realized there was something wrapped inside it. Gil started unwrapping the blanket and some brown stitching caught his eye. His gaze softened as he traced the letters with his finger. G-I-L. This was his baby blanket his mother had made. Last he heard, his father had thrown it out.

Gil finished unwrapping the blanket and found a picture frame inside. He flipped it over and gasped when he saw the image it contained. The picture showed a woman smiling proudly she held a set of two year old twin boys. The twins in her lap were smiling as they each held a hand on her bulging stomach. Tears pricked at his eyes as he realized the picture was of his mother and brothers before he was born.

Gil began to study the other items around him that he had pulled from the box. They were simple objects, but they represented the love he had for his brothers. Gil felt a tug on his sleeve and turned to face Quinn. "They hung on to this stuff because they love you. Gus and Tony want you to know they care." He sighed as he sat the photo on his bedside table. "I want to forgive them, but it hurt not having them around for so long." Quinn nodded. "I understand, just don't wait too long."

Gil took a deep breath. "I won't, I promise." He laid back on the bed and gave Quinn a nervous look. "Hey, um... will you spend the night with me?" Quinn blushed as she laid down beside him. "As long as we're just sleeping." Gil nodded and pulled the covers up around them before wrapping his arm around Quinn's waist and pulling her to his chest. "Just sleeping, I promise." Gil whispered. "Merry Christmas Quinn."

🌟

Lumiere whispered in Ben's ear causing the young king to smile. "Attention everyone! Our final guests have arrived!" Everyone turned towards the doors as they opened to reveal Chad Charming and Audrey with baby Connor. "Hello everybody!" Audrey called. "Miss us?" Mal rolled her eyes. "As if." She whispered, causing her friends to laugh. Ben welcomed them in before looking back towards the door.

"We also have two new exchange students. Please welcome Piper and Patrick Pan!" Two red-haired teens walked through the door with big smiles. "A welcome fit for Neverland, how kingly. Thanks Ben." Piper called. Patrick walked over to where Harriet, Harry, and CJ were standing. "Who knew you could find Pirates in Auradon?" He smirked. "Tick Tock." Harriet and CJ flinched as Harry growled. Patrick grinned deviously. "So you are Hooks. What? Your dad needed more targets for the old crocodile to follow?"

Uma tightened her grip on Harry's wrist before he could lunge at the young Pan. "Leave them alone." She snapped. Patrick's smirk only grew wider. "Fine. Wouldn't want the fourth Hook to come early." He snickered, pointing at Uma's stomach before walking off. "I understand why my dad wanted to kill Pan now." Harry muttered.

🌟

Patrick slipped out of the ballroom and took out his phone to make a call. After two rings the call was answered. "Hey all three of them are in Auradon. Oh and get this, the boy and his girl are expecting a child. What do you want to do?" A murmur was heard on the other end of the phone. Patrick smirked at the response he received. "Very well, I look forward to your arrival."

Author's Note

Holy cow what a chapter! 40 words short of 2000! I know it's not Christmas but with the timeline I had laid out this was the next chapter so enjoy. Bippity Boppity Boo!

-Meloetta246