5- family dinner part ii

Start from the beginning

"And by 'we' she means me. All she be doing is laying on her bed. No idea in that big head of hers." Melo knocked on her head, which took Gianna by surprise.

"I see how it be. Out here exposing me. Let's see if you get that good press." She pulled a half grin. Gianna liked the way the two flowed with each other. It reminded her of Flaca and Cindy from orange is the new black.

There was no denying that the two had easily formed a connection. Whether it be platonic or romantic be all up to time.

***

"Children of the corn please come down stairs." Deshaun jokes over the mic. He was showing Lavar the system he had installed, claiming it was a good investment for the family and their busy schedules. In reality all Deshaun wanted to do was show off.

As if on cue all music in the upstairs had stopped. The only thing heard was the sound of multiple feet making their way downstairs.

***

•outfits the girls are wearing•

Gianna

corvina

corvina

Eyona

Devony

Devony

Shay

***

"Lavar, Tina, boys these are my girls. Girls be polite and introduce yourselves." Deshaun smiled. There was nothing else he was more proud of than his family.

"I'm Corvina, the eldest. Nice to meet you all." Corvina being the oldest tried to set the example. She went around shaking everyone's hand.

"My names Sharmayne, but everyone just calls me Shay."

"Eyona. If you ever need a dancer or rapper just hit my line."

"I'm Gianna. I met the boys already, you've raised some gentlemen." Gianna had always been good with parents. She just always knew what to say.
Lavar and Tina smiled at her. Although they both knew she was exaggerating.

"And I'm Devony. The baby." Devony smiled.

"I'm Lavar and this is my wife Tina. These are our boys, Lonzo, Liangelo, and Lamelo. Pleased to meet all of you girls."

With the little introduction Catalina led everyone to the dinner table. The parents sat at the smaller table, moreso going to talk business rather than do small talk.

That left the others to sit at the larger table. Lamelo sat in between Gelo and Gianna, he had always been a little shy when it came to new people. Liangelo sat across from Corvina, this being part of his 'strategy'.

*since my test readers (aka my friends lmao) asked for a chart I added one just in case of any confusion

"So did your parents tell you anything else about this whole deal?" Corvina asked Lonzo, knowing he was the oldest

"I just know our families are going to spend a lot of time together. I'm surprised they haven't told us that there's a wedding involved."

"I heard we're doing a BBB X Money Saenz collab under your brand." Shay spoke up before walking over to the food table. Everyone else started following her.

"Ooh do we get to design basketball shoes cause I have some bomb ass ideas. For all of us too, Eyona I know you don't know fashion." Devony added.

Eyona rolled her eyes. It pained her not to snap back at Devony. But her parents were counting on her and she had to come through.

Gianna placed a pink concha on Melo's plate before putting one on hers. She made sure to show Lamelo what foods he had to try. She knew he looked lost and didn't know what to eat first. Once everyone was settled down they dived right into a conversation. Lamelo stayed quiet, eating rather than talking.

Liangelo's eyes darted from Corvina back to the table. He didn't expect to be this nervous. All she was doing was eating and he was speechless. And Liangelo Ball never got speechless.

Of course Corvina noticed the constant staring, but she decided to keep quiet. She wanted to see if he'd actually have the balls to talk to her. It was all funny to her, him being so suave online but a nervous wreck in person.

Corvina decided to finally say something, "So you finna get at me or what?"