Flower Crowns | Arima Kishou

Start from the beginning

You sat down beside him, still taking in his appearance with the flower crown atop his head. The two of you looked like the royalty of the CCG, with Kishou as your king. It makes sense, too, seeing as he's basically the CCG's best investigator, even if you've almost never mentioned it yourself, you acknowledge it (you know how it makes him feel when people see him as a god instead of a human being). 

"Aren't you supposed to go look after the Quinx today?" Your boyfriend asked after a few minutes of shameless staring. By now, his squad had all went to their cubicles, seeing as the meeting was obviously postponed due to your visit. 

"I was, but they decided to go dress shopping, in case you haven't heard about it." You answered while smiling. 

"Dress shopping?" Kishou repeated, obviously puzzled. "What is Haise doing?" 

"Making his squad become girls." You saw his eyes widen for an instant. 

"We're not paying the surgery, are we?" He quickly questioned, appalled at the idea of pouring thousands of dollars into something like that (because the CCG surely wouldn't be happy with him for that) while you laughed at his cluelessness. 

"They're not getting surgery! They're just cross-dressing to get to Nutcracker." 

"Oh." He muttered, scratching his head in an attempt to hide his embarrassed state. He was such a dork... 

Midst scratching, Kishou's crown fell off his head and landed on the table. The two of you stared at it for a while, until your boyfriend picked it up and closely analyzed it. "Are you keeping it on all day?" He asked you as he kept his own crown in his hands. You had no idea if he'd tell you that he won't keep it on or if he will. Kishou's a wild card at times and right now, he wasn't easy to read. 

"Of course," You answered, absentmindedly fiddling with the circle of plants adorning your head. "It adds some punch to my outfit." You teased. 

"It would have been funny if you had worn something floral patterned." He muttered while letting out a low chuckle. 

"I would have been arrested by the fashion police in mere moments!" You exclaimed. "Do you want  me to end up in jail?" 

"Fashion police isn't a real thing, (Y/N)." 

"But there used to be a butt crack police in some foreign country I forget the name of. If someone's crack was showing to a certain extent, they'd get a fine or get arrested." You informed. 

Kishou had no idea where you got such useless information, but he couldn't deny the fact that it was absolutely adorable. 

"So?" You asked, looking at him before shifting your gaze to the flower crown in his hands. "Are you going to wear it?" 

"Of course I'm going to wear it." He answered as he placed it back on his head. "I'm not going to let you go through something all alone, if you allow me to do so." 

You gave him a soft smile. That promise you had given to each other was the base of this relationship, and it was extremely strong. Together, you felt like you could take on the world, in some way. But you wouldn't, because you aren't into absolute monarchy. And you don't think Kishou is into that, either. 

"Thanks." You muttered before leaning in and capturing his lips with yours for a moment. You'd never grow used to how soft his are, for someone as stressed as him. He was blessed with soft lips and they felt so nice on your own. 

You pulled away before things could go any further. This was your workplace, after all. You can only risk so much in here. "Thanks for letting me give you the crown, too. It looks super good on you. And it makes your hair look blueish, it's cute." You then stood up while Kishou took your hand in his, probably a silent plea for you to stay. He was completely forgetting the fact that he was at work.