Suddenly, without me even knowing, someone bumps against my shoulder that almost knocks me off the ground. I don't know if I've been lucky to say that I manage to keep my balance, but it had been bad luck of me to lost my glasses. And me, being one with such a very bad eyesight that all I can see right now had been a blurred vision, I am sure that my glasses had fallen to the ground. Somehow, with respect, I manage to apologize. "I'm sorry!"

"Hey, you," a young man's voice taunts me. It had been familiar, but I don't quite remember when was the last time I've heard his voice. "Tumingin ka nga sa dadaanan mo."

"I... I'm sorry," I apologize a second time as I kneel down right away in vain help to search for my glasses. Yes, I am the unlucky one. My eyesight is too terrible.

"Salamin mo ba ito? Itong nahulog?"

"Uhm, yes, sa akin nga! Please... pwede mo bang ibigay sa akin?"

"Nakikita mo ba ako?" he inquires.

I shake my head. I surely look like a blind person to him right now.

"Well... on your obvious daydreaming, bumangga ka sa akin," he says.

I raise my hands to assure him, waving him to tell him my case. "Huh? Hindi ko sinasadya. I'm sorry!"

"No, no. I don't mind. To be honest, I need to get going. And about your glasses..." He chuckles. "Kunin mo mag-isa. Baka kailangan mo na ipa-check ulit ang mga mata. Baka mali na kasi yung grado ng salamin mo. Let this be a lesson, Four-eyed girl."

I hear the sound of laughter from the other students who've been there to witness such encounter. I click my tongue in annoyance and decide to gulp in the rush of emotions, especially of anger, against that stranger. I will be honest that I've been thinking too deeply, but the hallway had been so huge and almost empty for him to carelessly bump against me. Or perhaps, he had been right that it had been me all along. It takes me a few more seconds before finally recovering my glasses, and before embarrassing myself much more, I duck my head and hurriedly walk down the hall towards to the gymnasium.

# # #

I texted Via right away that the gymnasium, where we consider to be our meeting place given its strategic location of being in between buildings of colleges and the cafeteria, is closed for today in order for our school to sponsor something that I didn't have any care at all. One that involves another college department. Heading to the cafeteria is out of the option, since the crowd of students and their noise is what the two of us hate dealing with. In the end, I am left with no other choice but to head straight to the walkway—just right under the bridge that separates the two buildings of our college department.

Upon realizing that I've been exactly here, securing a seat from the vacant benches and desks, it had only been a few minutes later after the first class's dismissal that I saw Via rushing to my direction.

"(Y/N)!!! Unang-unang araw ng klase tapos late ka! Hay... Bakit parang tinatamad ka na pumasok ngayon? Unang araw tapos ganyan ka..." She sighs heavily as she closes me into a tight hug after sitting next to me. "Di mo ba ako na-miss?"

"V-Via... parang kahapon lang ay magkasama tayo," I mumble in reply.

She pulls away and covers her mouth as she laughs. "Oo nga no! Pero... iba yung tipong nasa klase tayo! Alam mo naman na di ako mabubuhay sa klase kung hindi dahil sa iyo."

For truth be told, I am way smarter than Via. She might be the beautiful one who've decided to stick with a clumsy girl such as me. Sometimes, there had been those whispers that Via only considered me as her best friend because of my intelligence, but I've known her since we were kids. We've ben friends since childhood because our parents were good College friends. When she studied elementary in the province, I missed her. When she returned here for high school and College, we're like glue. I know Via already—she's an absolute beauty not only physically but also with the heart, though she might be needing my help with academics. You know that process already. I am guilty.

Suddenly, a crowd of female students started gathering right in front of us. Though their backs were against us, they had been massive... as if they were waiting for such a grand entourage to appear. And for me and Via who've seldom spent times such as this here on the walkway... the one that students consider to be the pathway that the famous students usually used but had not been off-limited for the unpopular ones, since the popular ones spent their breaks in the lawn... the action today surprise us.

"Ah! Nandito na si Prince!" one of the young women squeals in delight. "My Prince! Nag-skip lang kaya ulit siya ng klase or talagang vacant niya ngayon?"

I frown, adjusting my glasses, as I try to remember something about an occurence as this... or rather, a person whom students nicknamed to be "The Prince". Too bad that I am not active with reading the College newspapers or anything else, but just me focusing on with my studies and everything. I turn to where Via is, only to realize that she is already along with the crowd of students there like some fangirl. I call out to her, "Via!"

"Ah, (Y/N). Di mo ba kilala si Gregory? Kaklase natin siya sa isa sa mga majors natin last sem! Na-feature na din siya sa College newspaper simula nung nag-transfer siya dito last sem lang din," she explains, as if trying to make me remember.

Unfortunately, my memory doesn't seem to be that good; for a person like me who've been killing myself slowly with everything academically related.

Via continues on with telling me all the details that she knows, "Balita ko may lahi siyang maharlika mula sa mga ninuno niya. Pwera sa kung gaano siya kagwapo, kaya siya tinaguriang 'The Prince'. Siya din yung young master ng isang famous corporation. So, tignan mo na lang. His status, money and gentle personality makes him a perfect boyfriend!"

"Bakit ngayon ko lang nalaman na patay-na-patay ka pala sa tao na iyan..." I mumble with a light nervous laugh as I finally catch sight of the young man that had been trailing the hallway all by himself.

He remains as a pristine student model; his uniform polished and all. With the way he carries himself, there is the essence of being a rich kid.

Finally, one of the gathered young women draws closer to him, offering a box of cookies. "Prince!" she calls out with a hopeful and bashful smile. "Gumawa ako ng cookies. Maari mo bang i-try?"

Gregory smiles sheepishly and takes one of the cookies from the offered box. Taking a small bite, his smile brightens. He says, "Thank you! It's delicious."

The whispers of jealousy surrounds me. They've been saying that he is smiling at her. That he is a gentleman. That she is lucky. That he is really kind. When it had been all the opposite for me upon realizing that voice.

His voice is similar to that mean guy from earlier!

I try to remember every encounter that I have with this Gregory. After all, according to Via, the guy had been on the same class as ours last semester in a major subject. It just so happens that I can't quite remember his existence at all. After all, if he had been that famous, I'll surely know him right away. Too bad that I didn't... will that mean that I am throwing away every social life I have to the trash, except that one that I share with Via?

Via immediately closes her arm around my shoulders, dragging me away before the crowd could even disperse. She brushes away the tears that are starting to form on the corner of her eyes. Before I can even ask her what's wrong, she tells me, "Samahan mo ako mamaya after class sa mall. May bibilhin ako."

"After class o mamayang last subject?" I bite my lower lip. I know that my mother will scold me the moment she learns that I've been leading Via as an excuse of my skipping class. But she has nothing to worry when all I'm doing is topping every class as well. It just so happens that I don't like the last subject at all.

She suddenly laughs. "Bakit ganyan ka makapagsalita?"

"Kilala na kita, Via. Sa mga ganyang excuses mo."

"Tara na, please" she begs, finally dropping her facade. "Pangpalubag loob na makita na wala talaga akong pag-asa kay Gregory. Ayaw mo din naman sa subject na iyon, hindi ba? Dali na."

"May magagawa ba ako?"

* * *

A/N: Follow me on twitter @23meraki for more updates. ;)

#GoyoDeadReckoning || #GoyoAngBatangHeneralStories || #ProjectAguilaStories