Haunting of the Forgotten

Start from the beginning

He grinned. Devasena eyed him which only made him laugh in his throaty voice that always made Devasena feel heady.

"Ahem? May we make an entry? Or do the new couple require some more time of privacy?"

They both turned hearing the voice to see Mahendra and Arzoo standing there shaking their heads.

"New couple? Seriously?"

Amarendra chuckled shaking his head just like Mahendra did few moments ago while Devasena glared at both men.

"Remember that we are your parents Mahendra!"

"Which makes good for you to remember Amma"

He said with that teasing grin.

"Or Not!"

Arzoo said in her admonishing tone to him.

"Be game Yuvaraja. You should be more prepared to see this on regular basis. Remember they are no more than newly weds."

"Arzoo?"

"What ammi? You are not to let physical ageing take on to you when you are much younger at heart."

"Well said amma"

Amarendra joined his cohoots irritating Devasena.

"Ganging up against me!"

She muttered under her breath.

"Ahem.. I think it won't be much time until Abbu turns to you again Ammi."

They turned to see Aslam standing there with his hands behind his back with his eyes as alert as always.

"Not you too!"

"I am always by you Ammi. But can't help it you know when Abbu is beside."

Devasena growled looking at her family. But then frowned as she saw one person less.

"Avantika is on the cave top."

Mahendra said.

"She said she wanted to be alone and she did not rest a bit and kept slaying her sword all night."

Mahendra glanced at his mother with his worry showing in his eyes.

"I might want to have a chat with her."

"If she is up to it Deva. She has been wielding her sword all this time. She might want some time for herself."

Amarendra said thoughtfully.

"May be Ammi is right Abbu. May be she is the one who can help Avantika."

Arzoo said smiling. Devasena smiled and went towards the top when Amarendra followed her closely. She turned frowning.

"What?"

"What?"

He tried to look as innocent as possible.

"Why are you following me?"

"Well.. you are going to get on cave top.."

"And?"

"I thought I'd help. You know.. Get you up"

She shook her head.

"Seriously Amarendra?"

He just shrugged. She smiled.

"Its okay Amarendra. Dont worry. I am very much capable on my own. I need to face this. So does Avantika. So.."

"Okay. But careful."

Chuckling she went on the top and sat next to Avantika who was sitting there looking beyond nothing.