Three Months

Ryuu x Reader

You were currently with your boyfriend, Ryuu Zaou, at a date. You two may seem happy, but for you, that wasn't the case.

The truth is, you never really liked Ryuu romantically in the first place. You only see him as your brother, because the one you actually felt attracted to was his best friend, Naruko Io. The sole reason you dated Ryuu was so you could get close to Io. It was hella mean, but what can you do? It was totally worth it.

You were about to break up with him later, because you already reached your goal; Io already confessed his love for you last night and he'll be waiting for you later, at your secret place. But seeing Ryuu's happy face as he spends time with you stirs so much guilt in your heart.

You know you couldn't lead him on. You removed your hands from his, making him look at you with confusion.

"Y/N-chan, you okay?" He asked, but you kept still while you averted your gaze. He prodded you and after a few more minutes, you looked at his warm brown eyes.

"Let's just break up." You say silently. "I like your best friend, Ryuu."

He didn't seem surprised. "I knew that from the start." He admits. "I was the one who helped Io confess to you last night."

"It hurts, Y/N-chan." He explains. "I mean, I really like you. But I knew from the start that it was actually him, not me. I just pushed my luck, thinking that you might feel the same. But I guess not."

"I'm sorry." You blurted out, feeling absolutely guilty.

"I have a condition." Ryuu suddenly says after a few moments of silence, which felt like an eternity for you. "Io already knew about this, and I wanted you to hear me out."

"What is it?"

"Give me three months before we break up." Ryuu started. "My grandma's birthday is up and she wanted to see us together. I don't want you to look bad in her eyes since she has become fond of you. And besides, dating Io after we break up doesn't sound nice, don't you think?"

Your mouth was left open wide. Your boyfriend really, really thought this through.

"What's in there for me? What was I supposed to do?" You wondered, which made him chuckle.

"We have to act like a real couple." He looks at you.

"Aren't we still a couple?" He hits your head playfully.

"We might be in name, but we hardly look like it." He smiles. "I want you to act as if you were now dating Io, not me."
-----------------------------------------------

For the past few weeks, you acted like Ryuu asked you to. In return, he helps you and Io see each other every time. Those weeks turned into a month and suddenly, you felt like you don't want to see Io that much. You hated to admit it, but you found yourself falling slowly for Ryuu. In your eyes, he started to become the perfect guy; you noticed how kind he was, and he was always there for you whenever you fought with Io.

"You're busy?" Io asks on the other line. "Again?"

"I'm sorry." You stated as you gulped. "I'll make it up to you some other time."

Io huffed a sigh. "This your second declination, but fine. I love you, take care."

"Ok." And you hung up. To your surprise, you found Ryuu sitting on your bed.

"Why didn't you want to see Io?" He prodded.

"None of your business." You rolled your eyes as you sat beside him.

"You're free after a month." He smiled sadly. "I hope you and Io will become happy."

"Will you be?" You asked.

"I'll be fine."
-----------------------------------------------

Two months passed by and you found yourself in love with Ryuu. At this point, you can't hold it in anymore. You asked Io to meet up with you in a coffee shop.

"Y/N, you finally decided to show up after being gone for two weeks." He says sassily. "What have you been up to?"

"I don't want to break up with Ryuu." You told him straightly. "I love him."

Io stared at you, his grey eyes suddenly turned dark. Without an answer, he stormed off the coffee shop, leaving you to watch him walk out. But you couldn't care less.

The next day, you went and bought Ryuu some cherries, walking merrily as you went to their house. Once you were at the front door, an old woman walked towards you. You first noticed her eyes. They were the exact same shade as Ryuu's.

"Are you Y/N?" She asks you coldly.

"Yes, ma'am..." and there. The woman slapped you, hard.

"You bitch." She seethed. "I heard you decided to cheat on his best friend while you were dating him. Tell me, what were you thinking?"

"H-how did you-"

"Io-kun came here, demanding for Ryuu." The grandma replies coldly. "And you know what happened when he saw my grandson? He punched him, telling Ryuu that his girlfriend played with Io. Ryuu decided to defend you and they soon began beating each other up."

"I-" you tried to talk, but the woman continued.

"It wasn't bad, but Ryuu's father came." The woman says. "He witnessed the scene and demanded Ryuu to pack his bags since they'll be heading to another country. Imagine how that hurt me and his little sister!"

You started to cry. "I'm sorry, I'm really sorry..."

"Leave." The woman says, before shouting, "I SAID LEAVE!!"

And that night, you slept with tears falling from your eyes. You couldn't believe how much effect those past few months had in your simple life.

When you woke up the next morning, you found an unread message in your phone. It was from an unknown number. It said:

"Wait for me to come home. I love you, Y/N."
-R
-----------------------------------------------

Hello there!

How's the first oneshot? Awesome? Haha sorry. I based this off a story I read on Facebook, though only partly, let's say... about 40%.

I hope you guys love this chapter as much as I do. Please give it a star or a good comment. I love you guys very much.

Xoxo,
Yrie