"We need those votes. It's the only way we can affect any change. Whoever's elected gets on the school board. That means we're on the inside, they can't silence us." Juggy defended himself.

"You and the Northside princess?" Fangs accused and we all looked to Betty.

"Wait, is that why you guys are pissed? Betty's on our side."

"Yeah, I've helped the Serpents on numerous occasions. I helped find the Pickens statue's head. I got Cheryl to testify in court so FP, your king, could get early parole-"

"You did all that for your boyfriend, not the Serpents." Sweet Pea growled.

"Alright, Sweet Pea." I grabbed his hand as I spoke calmly.

"Take it down, Sweet Pea." Jughead snapped

"What? Only a matter of time before she bails on us, just like her mother."

Betty spoke up. "Okay, so your objections aren't even about me, there about my mum."

"Her legacy. She's an enemy of the Serpent State. Taking shots at us in The Register. Blaming us for crimes we didn't commit."

"Well what about Freya?" Betty pointed to me.

"What about me?" I said defensive.

"You're not a Serpent either and yet I haven't heard a complaint about you."

"You've got a point." I shrugged.

"That's different." Fangs told everyone.

"How?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Because-"

"No why is she even here?" Some Serpent said pointing to me. "You're not a Serpent, you're not blood, you're just some chick whose screwing Sweet Pea."

Sweet Pea went to lunge at him but I grabbed his arm stopping him and stood up. "I'm FP's goddaughter. So no I may not be blood but I have helped numerous times and put my life in the line of Ghoulies for the Serpents. So I may not be a Serpent or be blood to one but yet I still try and save you idiots." I went to leave but Sweet Pea grabbed my hand.

"Running with a turncoats daughter is a slap in the face, and for that reason alone, you're not getting the Serpent vote." Sweet Pea announced and we left the room hand in hand.

$$$

School is now finished and I'm in Cheer practice when Toni called over Veronica, Josie and I. "What do you mean Cherry's missing?" I looked at her confused.

"Do you remember how paranoid Cheryl was at her slumber party? Saying that her mum and Uncle were out to get her?" We all nodded. "Well, I think they did something to her."

"What kind of something?" Josie asked.

"Her mum said they sent her off to some all girls boarding school in Switzerland."

"Well, that's easy to check. There's only one, Surval Montreux." Veronica told us.

"Wait. If she was in the Swiss Alps, she'd be posting parks selfies every hour. Her social media's been dead for days." I told them as Toni nodded.

"That's a sure sign of foul play." Veronica concluded. "Whatever you need, Toni. I'm in."

"Me, too." Josie told her.

"Me, three."

"Even if we have to storm Thistlehouse." Josie told us and we all agreed.

$$$

I got a call from Betty telling me to meet her and Jug, to interview Kev about the car. So here I am now sitting next to Kev and the couple across from us in a booth at Pop's. "Why do you guys even care about this car?" Kev asked.

"We don't. We care about the environment." Betty lied. "And we're writing about how people use Swedlow Swamp as a dumping ground."

"That car is just part of a larger story." I told Kev with a smile.

"My dad said it was claimed by its owner this morning."

"The owner... who's in Riverdale?" B asked.

"Yeah. Now they're trying to figure out who stole it in the first place."

And cut to now where we are getting lectured the next morning by FP and Alice in the Jones trailer, accompanied by Chic

And cut to now where we are getting lectured the next morning by FP and Alice in the Jones trailer, accompanied by Chic. "Has shacking up together driven you both completely insane?" Alice asked the couple. "You didn't think talking to the Sheriff's son about that car was gonna raise red flags?"

"No, Kevin didn't suspect anything." I told them.

"At least we know what's going on now." Jughead said.

"Yeah, which is that Chic's drug dealer stole someone's car before he made his run to our house." B told everyone.

"Dwayne didn't have wheels. He was always borrowing his girlfriend's car." Chic said calmly.

"Someone called the shady man's phone. She sounded crazy person but not like there was love lost between her and Dwayne."

"That could be Darla."

"Is this Darla somebody that we need to be worried about?" Alice asked her son.

"I don't really know her."

"Shocker. Gee, Chic, have you actually ever been helpful to anyone?"

"Enough, Elizabeth." Alice scolded.

"Alright look, stick to the plan. This has nothing to do with us. Dwayne stole Darla's car, Darla got it back. Let's hope it ends there." FP said being the peace keeper.

"And pack your things, Betty. This honeymoon is over. Over. You two playing house and running around like loose cannons is beyond the pale. We don't want Hal to find out. We don't need him sticking his nose in."

"I'll move out." Chic declared. "I'll get a place. It's your house."

"Fine. I'll come back home after Chic's gone."

"Oh, I am done with your ultimatums. You're coming home now. And if you don't back me up, FP, I will tear this trailer apart with my bare hands." FP looked to Betty and said nothing so she sighed in defeat.

"Fine." She got up. "I'll get my stuff."

"Ill help you pack." They walked over to the bedroom as my phone vibrated. A text from Toni asking where I am, cause we're storming Thistlehouse.

"I gotta go." I got up quickly and went the door.

"Wait, Freya..." I looked to FP. "Are we... are-"

"We're good FP."

"Thank God babygirl." He smiled and gave me a quick hug and off I went.