I'm sitting between Betty and Jughead and Alice and FP are across from us in Pops the next morning. We are all just sitting there shocked to worried to eat. "We should have known better." Jughead broke the silence. "I should've known better. We should've driven that damn car further outta town."

"How could you have known Junkyard Steve drags the swamp for people's castoffs." FP reassured Jug. "It's dumb luck."

"It's Jones luck, you mean." He grumbled and took a sip of his coffee.

"Shouldn't Chic be here. He brained the guy."

"Don't worry about Chic." Mama Cooped told FP.

"Normally, I'd disagree. Definitely worry about Chic. But he doesn't know anything about the car." Betty agreed with her ma.

"When we got to the swamp we wiped the thing clean of prints before we pushed it in." I told the adults.

"Wearing gloves?" FP asked and my mind blanked.

"I think so." Jughead answered and so did Betty.

"What do you mean you think so?" FP asked as my phone vibrated on the table and I looked to see Sweet Pea calling me.

"No, we 100 percent were." I told him rejecting the call. The front door opened making the bell ding and I turned to see Sheriff Keller.

"If anybody comes asking questions, we don't know anything. Don't talk to anyone. Act like everything's normal."

"Including Betty, you coming home, so you're not nesting with a bunch of Serpents." Alice told her daughter.

"No. You're not gonna use this to manipulate me, mum. You know the deal, I come home when Chic leaves."

Alice went to argue but FP cut her off. "Everybody, be cool. In the unlikely event that something happens, we batten down the hatches. Until them, life goes on, and nobody goes anywhere near that car." He ordered of all of us.

$$$

I'm walking down the hallway trying to avoid people when I got pulled into a hallway. I looked up to see Sweet Pea looking confused. "What's going on?"

"Nothing." I smiled at him.

"No bullshit Freya. Why did you run out? Why are you ignoring me?"

I stood on my other leg and fixed my bag on my shoulder. "I can't tell you." I tried to walk past him but he grabbed my arm again. "Sweet Pea please."

"Freya Andrews, what is going on?" He looked at me stern but I just shook my head. "Freya please."  I looked around and dragged him to a quite corner.

"All I can tell you is that it has something to do with that time I told you I did something that could land me in jail."

"So the car... what you stole it?"

I looked around, "Kinda. I can't tell you anything more Sweetums."

"Okay. I love you." He gently led my face to his via my chin and we kissed. "Come on." He grabbed my hand leading me down the hall.

"Where we goin?"

"Club meeting." I looked at him confused but just continued to let him lead me somewhere.

$$$

Turns out it was a Serpent meeting in a science room. I'm sitting next to Sweets whose standing.
Sweet Pea is mad at Jughead about the student council. "You promised us a war, then you're on stage looking like Buddy Holly, sucking upto the Northside."