"I missed you." He whispered.

°l||l°

You walked down a flowery path with the boy you like next to you, fingers intertwined with his. After bidding your farewells to Hyunjin, Seungmin decided to show you one of his favorite hangouts nearby. About half a mile later, you feel Seungmin's hand grip yours a tad tighter. Looking up, you found him smiling at the scene before him.

"It's nothing extraordinary, but it's special." He says before meeting your gaze.

You nod at this. You allow him to lead you by the still and clear waters, the most beautiful sight you've seen since the apocalypse ended. The sky was reflected in its waves and the echo of flowing waters lulled you. Before you knew it, Seungmin's warm grasp loosened as he jogged toward the edge of the small lake. You followed after him, sticking by his side as he took a deep breath.

"I always came here to collect my thoughts." He spoke softly.

"What did you think of?" You curiously ask.

"Mostly you." He was quick to respond.

You gulped at this before slowly leaning your head against his shoulder.

"I thought about my life falling apart, how my reason to live was too shallow without you and Hyunjin around. I thought about all our friends, how guilty I was after isolating myself from people who cared about me. I thought about Hyunjin. But most of all, I thought about you."

You could hear the cracking in his voice again and how his body was starting to tremble. You could tell how much effort he's putting in keeping his composure by the way he was biting his lip. You sighed before grabbing his shoulders and spinning him to face you. He was startled at your sudden action, but he gazed into your eyes with sadness and regret. It hurt you just as much as it hurt him.

Right then and there, you pulled him closer toward you.

A thousand feelings pour out as the gap was closed and your lips finally meet his.

°l||l°

 Your eyes water at the sight of two tombstones before you. After visiting Hyunjin's grave, you couldn't miss out on seeing two other important people in your life. Chan and Seungmin stood behind you, rooting for you and urging for you to go see the names printed on the stone.

You inhaled sharply as you read the name of both your father and mother on it. You felt like breaking down right then and there. If it wasn't for Seungmin's soothing hand placed on your back, you could've lost it. You say a couple of thanks and farewells before offering flowers and leaving the site, your heart still heavy.

"(y/n), there's something Hyunjin wanted you to know..." Seungmin spoke hesitantly, his eyes barely meeting yours.

"What is it?"

"H-He was the one who stabbed your parents."

.

Later that night, you were all gathered home. All of your friends came over to celebrate your birthday, surprising you with a birthday party that Chan had planned and greeting you with hugs. You were thankful for each one that came, causing a few tears to slip every now and then. An hour or two later, you sat on the couch while several neatly-wrapped gifts lay at your feet. You opened each one and laughed at how creative your friends can be. After the last gift was opened with a few cheers here and there, the crowd dissolves and goes back to socializing and stuffing themselves with food.

Just as you were about to grab some chips, you feel someone tap you softly on the shoulder. With a spin of your heel, you were met face to face with someone you've been anticipating: Seungmin. You gave him a smile, and he returns the gesture.

"I haven't given you my gift." He sheepishly says, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh, you don't have to! I'm just glad you're here." You flashed him a smile.

But the boy refuses. He smoothly slides his fingers and laces them with yours. You blushed at the contact. He tugged on your arm, leading you to the rooftop without giving you a chance to question his actions. A chuckle escapes your lips as he turns around to face you, a huge smile tugging on his mouth.

"Close your eyes." Seungmin teased, his voice a pitch tad higher.

You followed his request, shutting your eyes tightly. In a matter of seconds, you feel him grasp your wrist and place a box on top of your palms. You had the urge to peek, but Seungmin's voice rang in your ears to resist the temptation to do so. You patiently wait as he stepped back, giving him space to admire you.

"Okay, you can look."

You opened your eyes to a tiny, (f/c) box. You glance up at him, who only nodded at you. You gave him a soft smile, shaking the box before removing the top portion of it. The glowing light was quick to catch your attention. You grab hold of a black string, pulling the object out of the container.

A bottled necklace that had purple liquid in it.

Your eyes widened.

"Don't... freak out. It's perfectly safe." He laughs, his hands up in defense.

Your tensed shoulders instantly relaxed at his words. You admire the object in your hands as if the small bottle contained reflected all the memories of your past. You breathe out a sigh of relief before tying it around your neck, making Seungmin eye you in awe.

"How does it look?" You ask, glancing at the tiny bottle on your neck.

"I think it suits you well." The male shrugged.

Before you know it, the sun had already started to set. You steal a glance from him, finding him immersed at the scene before you. Your heart flutters as you place your hand atop his. This catches his attention, making him hastily pull you closer with his hand on your waist. Suddenly, a strong wind blows your way.

"Hey, what if it's Hyunjin?" You ask, stretching your hand out as if to feel the breeze.

"Is he giving his blessings?" Seungmin hums, a light tone evident in his voice.

"Well, I guess we gotta thank him for that." You shrug.

Seungmin glances your way again. A smile plays on his lips as he focuses on the girl before him. His heart couldn't take it anymore. He's been holding back for too long. Finally, he calls for your name. You meet his loving eyes, and the words naturally slip out of his mouth.

"I love you."

°l||l° °l||l° °l||l° °l||l° °l||l°

the end.

thank you for reading 'get lost'!

this is honestly not my greatest work but thank you for all the support you've given me!

go and check out my other skz fics!

love, cee <3