I

I was awake before I opened my eyes. I don't want them to open, fore I know I'll have to be the future King everyone excepts, but in the comfort of my bed? I could be Jacob Arnold, the fun loving guy who sketches and draws. The kind of guy you'd find reading for the Hell of it. But out of this bed? I'm Jacob Arnold, future King to Braxon.
"Your Highness. Breakfast is in half an hour. Would you like me to bring it up, or would you prefer I press your Saturday suit?" My butler, Sir Bimbsly, asks as he stands at the door.
"Would you mind bringing it up? I'm not yet ready to be prince Jacob today." I say with a chuckle and Bimbsly joins in.
"Of course, your Highness. I'll bring your breakfast up promptly." Brimbsly says before swiftly leaving to go retrieve my breakfast. Once the door is closed, I sigh and smile. I go over to my vast personal library and look through the books on the shelf till I see one that had hardly been opened: The Complete History of The Current Countries 2118. I look at it curiously and pull it off the shelf and look through the index and find a country we'd been allied with for quite a while; Illea.
I flip to it's chapter and read through all it's horrors, triumphs, battles, victorys, Kings and Queens, assinations, and then I get to the part partaining to it's change in government, letting the people decide who leads them. I smile and turn the page to read about the Selections. A sour taste filled my mouth and I frown as Bimbsly enters my room with tea and breakfast.
"Bimbsly, what's the Selection?" I ask him as he prepares my work table with cutlery and my food.
"A way for the past princes and one princess of Illea to find love amongst their people. Rather foolish, if I do say, your Highness." I nod at Bimbsly's answer and become lost in thought.
The Selection process sounds tideius and rather pointless if you would have to restart. I'm certainly greatful Braxton never proposed the Selection in the past.
********************
I made my way around the gardens and smiled as the sun shone down. I walk farther and I see one of my fellow triplets sun bathing.
"Joslyn. Shouldn't you be preparing for some grand event?" I ask and she lowers her sunglasses.
"No, oldest brother. Jeremiah said he would more than love to take that today." I rolled my eyes at my slightly younger sister before I turned to go find the youngest of us, Jeremiah. If I had been born five minutes after I was, all this would be Joslyn's problem. At least her and Jeremiah can live normal lives while I have to find a wife before my coordination as King. This will be tons of fun. I trugded off to find Jeremiah, the only one in this Hell who understands.
~-~-~-
It's the author, JackLynn, here. I wanted to thank all of you all in advance. I know it's slow right now, but it gets better, I promise! Stick with me and I'll get an update schedule soon, maybe. VOTE, COMMENT, AND FOLLOW! THANKS!!!