Jack Skeleton

Note: Happy Halloween, my lovelies! ^_^

I took a step back, admiring my handiwork as Jack beamed back at me. I had to admit - the suit fit him well. Better, at least, than I had been imagining it to. After all, what section was I supposed to go to exactly to buy a costume - adult or children? As it turned out, adult-size fit him fine, though. Once I'd spun him around to face the mirror, a bright smile lit up his baby-face and I grinned back at the reflection, proud of myself.

"Let's go show Sam and Dean!" he said excitedly all of a sudden, grasping my wrist in his grip tightly before propelling me down the familiar hallway of the Bunker.

A laugh escaped my mouth at his eagerness as we burst into the low-lit library, the boys seated at the table as usual, too caught up in their research to pay much attention to the two of us stood in the threshold. But as soon as I cleared my throat, both boys glanced up briefly before doing a double-take. Their eyes went wide as they took in Jack's costume.

"So...what do you think?" I asked them both, arching my eyebrows expectantly.

Neither boy said a word and I was nervous I'd gotten it wrong when Sam cleared his throat, breaking the silence, "Who...is he supposed to be?"

"Jack Skeleton-" Jack beamed proudly, a proud glint in his blue eyes.

"Skellington-" I added, correcting my little protege.

"-also known as the High Ruler of Large Orange Fruit-" he went on.

"-the Pumpkin King," I finished for him as my eyes flicked back to the boys.

Jack grinned widely at them, absentmindedly letting his fingers toy with the black-and-white striped bow at the collar of his suit.

Dean's mouth dropped into an 'O' shape for a moment before he half-laughed whilst picking up the cup of coffee set beside him on the table, shrugging before directing his words to younger brother, "Well, at least she has other people to convert to her Halloween-ism and not just us this year, Sammy,"

"Wait, what is this from again?" Sam asked, frowning and my face transformed into that of horror, eyes wide with shock.

"SAMUEL, REALLY! HAVE YOU LEARNED NOTHING FROM MY TEACHINGS?! THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS IS THE BEST OF THE TIM BURTON MOVIES! NAY - OF THE WORLD!" I roared in indignation, as if he'd insulted my own child.

Which in a sense, I suppose he did.

"Nay?" he questioned, arching his eyebrows at Dean who only put his hands up to say 'Don't ask me'.

"You know what? That's it!" I said, throwing my hands up in exasperation before striding over to the table they currently sat at and gripped both their wrists' in my hands, "We're all going trick-or-treating this year!"

"YES!" Dean cheered, wrenching free of my grasp to run down the hallway to his room.

Needless to say, it wasn't that surprising when he showed up fifteen minutes later wearing a cowboy costume. Who knows how long he'd had that thing. In fact, I had a sneaking suspicion he'd been holding on to it just in case this very occasion would ever arise. But not really surprising considering how much he loved to dress up. The man had a fetish, that much was certain. It was another half hour before we finally found a costume that would fit Sam's size but finally, we managed to get him into an extra cowboy costume of Dean's. But really, how many did he have anyway?!

Sam groaned as we headed out to the Impala, adjusting the slightly-too-small cowboy hat on his head as he climbed into his side while Dean revved the engine and Jack and I piled in back. Let's just say the rest of the night was spent having a lot of fun - something we all needed after all the stress we'd been going through. By the end of the night, we had bags over-flowing with candy, some spilling out onto the floorboards of Baby as Dean drove the four of us back to the Bunker, a grin plastered on his face at the prospect of eating it all when we got back.

His fingers drummed along the leather-bound steering wheel to the tune of one of his favorite songs while we sped down the highway. Suddenly, Sam's hand reached over and twisted the knob on the radio to Dean's protests before turning around to face me.

"Oh, I almost forgot to ask - who were you this Halloween?" he questioned, taking in my costume.

My eyes flicked over to the sleeping figure of Jack whose face was nestled against my shoulder, a look of pure bliss and innocence on his face as he dreamed. Averting my gaze from the precious nephilim, I grinned back at Sam, feeling the mock-stitches choker move against my skin as I did before shooting my best friend a wink.

"Sally, of course."